1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jets interested in Bush?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by stevel, Apr 17, 2006.

1. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

How did we get the Seahawks first round pick?

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

LOL, we are just that tricky!!

My bad, my bad. I got carried away...but I'd still hit it.

Revised, I would take Youboty with pick 29.

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Trade

The end results of the trade after 1992:

Vikings:
    WR Jake Reed

Cowboys :
    RB Emmitt Smith
    DT Russell Maryland
    CB Kevin Smith
    S Darren Woodson
    CB Clayton Holmes

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Where did the #31 pick come from?

Odds are that if the Texans make this trade, it will be a very interesting first draft day for Texans. They will be trading like madmen trying to squeeze an additional pick or two into the 2007 draft.

The 35 pick is in a pretty good trade down spot as throrectically you've already got who you like the best among the late 1st/early 2nd guys.

66 is also a potential traded pick if you can find a buyer. The Texans would need to have two guys that are above and beyond better than everyone else left in their opinion to try to keep this pick.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Giving that many draft picks to Casserly is like handing Stevie Wonder the keys to a Ferrari.

6. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Its funny that all the longhorn fans are the one who thinks this would be a great trade for the Texans (ie Major, Baqui99, gucci888). You guys just don't like Reggie Bush do you?

7. superden

superden Contributing Member

hahaha, I was just waiting for a post like that to come up.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If we have can't make a trade with the Jets I would pick Bush. There is no questioning his character, talent, or work ethic. He would pose the least risk. The main problem with Bush is his position and the fact that the Texans actually have an above average running game right now. The opportunity to add all of those picks in such a deep draft and still get a player like Young, Ferguson, or Williams- elite players at positions who are harder to fill- is pretty damn enticing.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont want Vince because I see no need for him. The reason I would support a trade down is because this is a very nice draft to have multiple picks. Would I rather have Bush, a runningback...or D'Brick (OT), Youboty (CB), and Jackson (MLB) or Joseph (OG). With Bush, we are taking a player that we do not necessarily need. With the 3 players we can get in exchange for him, we are taking starters at positions that are crucial to the development of this team.

Of course, if we stay put, I wouldnt think twice about it...Reggie all the way without a doubt. However, if a tempting offer comes up, as is being discussed here, its pretty hard to pass up a situation where you would have 4 of the first 35 picks in the draft.

10. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I like the way you think. That's spot on. :D

11. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I wonder if this will turn into something where the Texans keep the pick and draft Reggie Bush, then tell the Jets that if a certain player is available at their selection that the deal will be done.

This way, the Texans are able to ensure that they won't be stuck with someone they aren't really interested in.

12. Major

Major Member

I don't like picking running backs at #1, ever. Especially not when you have a coach who has a history of finding running backs later in the draft. They simply don't have long enough careers at an elite level - even if he lives up to the level of someone like Edgerrin James (leading the league in rushing multiple times, etc), after 7 years, Indy decided an elite running back just wasn't worth paying for. That would never happen with a QB, and is less likely for just about every other position in fiitbakk,

I don't think any running back is worth that kind of money. Vince Young would be fun, but if we want to win now, I think the smart pick has always been to move down and get the DE (or OT if Mario Williams is gone).

13. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Is Chad Pennington going to be able to play effectively again? I remember he had a pretty serious injury in his throwing shoulder.

What about #1 pick, David Carr, 2007 3rd round pick for Jets #4, #29, Vilma, 2007 1st round pick?

Use the #4 on Vince Young, use the #29 on a WR. Fill a big hole at LB with Vilma. And then the Texans will also have 2 first round picks next year. Use both of them on OLs.

They are interested in Reggie. So let's rob them.

#33 RocketForever, Apr 17, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Its even funnier that your only response is that we don't like Reggie Bush.

What about the trade offer? Would you not take it? This has nothing to do with being Longhorns, almost everyone in this thread (UT fan or not) has pointed out the merits to this speculative trade proposal.

Reggie Bush would be a great pick at #1. The question is whether he is worth more than combinations of: Mario Williams/D'Brick/VY + Youboty/Lawson/Carpenter/Maroney + Moss/D'Qwell/etc...

#1 + #33 <<<<<<<<< #4 + #29 +#33 + #35. Maybe you should take off the Bush goggles and realize that 4 early picks in a extremely deep draft is worth more than 2, even if Reggie is one of them.

IMO, a combo of Mario Williams + Maroney/White would be better for the team straight up over Bush. Then you add in a #35? I think it is a great deal.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

iosnt everyone?

16. FireBlizzard90

i would only do it if it is #1 pick for Vilma #4 #35 an their third rounder, otherwise just hang up the call

17. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

If the Jets want Reggie, I'd wait to deal til draft day.

Houston takes Reggie.

Saints take whoever.

And if Mario is still on the board when the Jets pick, do the trade people are suggesting.

Pick up a stud DE, a cb, a mlb, maybe OL. The texans need more help on d than O imo.

18. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

The Texans have to examine all of their options.

#38 Chilly_Pete, Apr 17, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

There is probably no chance the Texans will draft a RB in this draft unless it's Bush. They really don't need a runningback, but they will make an exception for Bush because he is a rare talent.

20. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'm a big fan of trading down for the farm, and picking up a need (that by no means translates to VY at #4 and a WR at #29, btw)...but to be honest, we're less than two weeks from the draft and its all smoke and mirrors from here on out. Could get a bit frustrating for all of us.

On the bright side, the Astros are rallying, and thats damn entertaining.