1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jesse Jackson Likens Cavs Owner to a Slave Owner and Lebron to a Runaway Slave

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's not forget the guys conservatives rub elbows with. There's plenty of anti-Muslim, anti-Gay, and worse that conservatives play homage too.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah - I agree with you here. I think both of them are pretty terrible.

But you'd expect more from Jackson - someone who is supposedly a civil rights leader, versus the owner of an NBA franchise.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Hmmm, didn't go to college and was driving a free Hummer to high school? Field Ninja.

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Maybe that is what the younger generation today is missing across all demographic lines. A sense of respect. You do owe your employer professional courtesies.

If I decided to leave my job, I feel I would owe my employer a reasonable notice, etc. That does not make me a slave, etc etc. That makes me a responsible, respectful human being. It also makes me somebody that values showing proper gratitude to the employer that paid me during my tenure and nurtured my professional development.

Some, I suppose, would differ.