1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jermaine O'Neal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juugie, May 3, 2003.

1. Juugie

Juugie Member

J O'Neal is a free agane t now. And I would love for the Rockets to do whatever it takes to get him. They would have to free up a lot of salary and I'm not exactly sure how they would do it, but he is exactly the kind of power forward that this team needs. He's a great low post scorer, a great rebounder, and a great shot blocker. He's tough inside and would allow Yao to play more of the perimeter game that he is comfortable with. I would trade EG, MoT and Cat for J' Oneal in a heart beat.

Francis
    Posey
    Rice
    O'Neal
    Yao

I would go to battle with that lineup.

The Dallas news said that J O'Neal is considering going to San Antonio to replace Robinson. That would SUCK.

2. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

You are not sure how they would do it. They are already over the cap. I would love him. But no.....can't get him. :( Only sign and trade.

I don't think he would want to come here more than San Antonio. Spurs are already a contender...and have money.

3. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

Dont even try it I already said it and what happend I get told Im crazy! and that we already has 2 All-Stars and the last thing we need is another one!

4. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

I dont think Jermaine O'neal is going to the Spurs. The Spurs are looking at Olowokandi. They have the money but Jermaine would want too much.

5. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

He is going to stay in Indiana or go to the Spurs or Magic. I would like to go after Elton Brand more.

6. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

i agree. IF we were to have some miraculous trade and come out of it with an all-star type 4. Id rather have brand.

7. fatman510

fatman510 Member

The only possibility of us getting O'Neal is a sign and trade.
    The problem is, we dont have anything the Pacers would want:(

8. Juugie

Juugie Member

Brand's a great player also.

There's a lot of talk on the board about how SF isn't a winner because he ahsn't led his team to the playoffs in four years. Well, Brand has also been in the league four years and his teams haven't even sniffed the playoffs. By the same reasoning, Brand is not a winner.

Meanwhile, J O'Neal's teams have been in the playoffs the last two years.

9. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

yeah, getting molly whopped by the lowly celts are a true sign of a winner.

10. Juugie

Juugie Member

He averaged over 20 and 10 for the series. He didn't get any help.

11. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Brand played at Duke, that is good enough for me.

12. Juugie

Juugie Member

So did Bobby Hurley and Trajan Langdon.

13. x_trepidation_x

Oneal is a good player but not a great player. He couldn't even get into the rotation in Portland. I think playing in the weak East has really helped Oneal out and has made him look better then he really is. With all the talent on the Pacers, Oneal should have easily gotten them out of the first round.

You have to remember the Pacers should have had 3 players in the all star (Oneal, Miller, Artest). The only reason Artest wasn't voted by the coaches was because of his unsportsman like conduct.

Having Oneal on the Rockets would not be a good trade. He couldn't survive in the West last time...what makes you think he will have any more success if he was given another chance?

Simply put, yes we need a powerforward but Oneal isn't the answer but the other Oneal would be the first fit. :D

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

We don't need another guy that needs the ball; we need a buy that wants TAKE AWAY THE BALL FROM THE OPPONENTS by defending, rebounding and doing the dirty work. I'd rather have PJ Brown than Jermaine O'neal when it comes to 'better fit' for our team.