1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeriome Robertson got what he wanted.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by sonique15, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Buck Turgidson

you really think they'd test Hernandez arm with frequent, repeated outings like that? I hope not. I want him as a starter all the way. but hell, if he can even be a healthy contributing pitcher again, I'll be happy.
    If used correctly, a relief pitcher puts no more wear & tear on his arm than a starter. Just takes a couple of weeks for the arm to bounce back in 2-3 days after 20 pitches as opposed to 5 days after 100. Also, with a bullpen this deep, you wouldn't see him get overused ala Dirk's butchery of Scott Elarton when he was in the pen.

Carlos should have his arm strength back after 2 months of starting in AAA, if he can help the 'Stros then, I want him up.

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

HERNANDEZ in my opinion is our top prospect. He will be a starter next year if he does not get hurt.

Quick question for those that want to answer. Why isn't Rosario such a high prospect? I mean, he has nasty stuff. I know he might be injury prone because of his delivery but why isn't he one of our top prospects. Other prospects are older than he is....

3. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

For anybody who's as lazy as I am, here's that link fixed.

Everyone said Carl Everett was a trouble maker, but he apparently had no problems in our club house. However, I wonder if what just happened to the Rockets with Eddie Griffin will weigh in any on Gerry's mind.

5. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

arkoe.. sorry about that link.. Didn't realize it was screwed up until after I posted it and I don't have edit

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

No big deal.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

I can't prove this with any links or anything, but wasn't Rosario's injury last season pretty serious? He got it while on the mound, as I remember, while Carlos got his sliding into a base. I haven't seen anything on Rosario in a while, but I was under the impression that he would likely never be 100% again. Which is a shame because dude had some wicked googlies.

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

It was some type of shoulder injury; I don't remember exactly what though.