1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Scahill on Obama's War Machine, American Assassinations & Journalism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rtsy, Nov 15, 2012.

1. rtsy

rtsy Member

Sierra Adamson talks to Jeremy Scahill, author of Blackwater and writer for The Nation, about some of the under-reported issues such as drone strikes in the Middle East, Obama's kill list/Disposition Matrix, NDAA, use of the Espionage Act against whistle-blowers. Jeremy talks about the assassination of the 16 year old American citizen, Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, who was killed by a drone strike authorized by President Obama and the response Robert Gibbs recently gave us when we questioned him on it. He discusses the left's disregard of their anti-war principles in favor of being loyal to leaders in their own party and the war propaganda that is fed to Americans through mass media.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2kKZQyKJ3h8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Kristen Schall on Inside the Actor's Studio Apartment:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qS1qEjtgZa0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I love Obama. He is proving very decisive in international dealings, with his only mess up being in Libya. Love the drone strikes and the support for Israel. If he leaves guns alone, I will vote for him a 3rd term.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Just eats you alive doesn't it rtsy? That a democrat could be better at killing bad guys than a republican.

5. rtsy

rtsy Member

Wow you are a clueless little cultie.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

And it's going to be a pleasure watching hate destroy you over the next 4 years. We'll call you basso jr

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Healthcare should be universal.

(Just following rtsy's lead, spouting random crap in unrelated threads... 'abolish teh IREZZ!' derp)

1 person likes this.
  8. SamFisher

^ CANCEL "WHITNEY" FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, WTF ARE U THINKING NBC

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

rtsy, I don't know what your political positions are and I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here, but you should stop. You aren't changing any minds here.

Those on the "right" whack off to the idea of secretive executive assassinations (while simultaneously maintaining they want a "limited government"). And no one on the "left" really gives a damn if Obama is blowing up innocent people or assassinating people without due process. They have far more important things to worry about, like whether the top income bracket should be taxed 38% or 40% or 50% or whatever is the new number they champion nowadays.

10. rtsy

rtsy Member

I know they don't care. "Drone strikes in the Middle East (coming here soon too), Obama's kill list/Disposition Matrix, NDAA, removal of due process, use of the Espionage Act against whistle-blowers, war on drugs, etc etc". The destruction of our basic rights means nothing to them as long as it's their Dear Leader doing the damage (and not an evil Republican). But I will keep reminding them. Someone has to.

11. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

That was a good interview.

12. SamFisher

You've shown no ability to comprehend this so this is not really for your benefit , but it's not that people dont' care, it's that we're willing to accept the benefits over the costs.

You're one of these idiots who likes to apply binary labels to everything "U R LIB U MUST OPPOSE ALL WARS DRONES VIOLENCE DOES NOT COMPUTE" Your internal thought process on these matters is about as sophisticated as

[​IMG]

Nobody actually likes drone strikes but given the other options that we've tried thus far (not really doing anything, massive expensive pointless invasions) it's a tradeoff I"m willing to make if it eliminates/occupies/annoys al qaeda, which the evidence indicates it does, and to the extent it prevents skyscrapers from being blown up here, i'm willign to tolerate them. I've never really maintained otherwise. I thought the Iraq war was a mistake, not because "ALL WAR IS WRONG" - I don't believe that and never did but because it was the wrong war, in the wrong place, at the wrong time.

Now the necessary counterpoint is to copypasta some Greenwald screed about American citizens getting blowed up - let me be perfectly clear on this point, I don't give a **** if American citizens who are in lawless parts of civil-war Yemen running around with terrorist groups where shelling is part of the daily routine get blown up without due process. I don't think the 14th amendment applies in that instance based on my reading of the case law and based on me having a brain.

1 person likes this.
  13. rtsy

rtsy Member

The drones are coming here. The NDAA and wiretapping is already here. The Disposition Matrix is already here. USA citizens can be killed or indefinitely detained without trial here. The nullification of jury's verdicts will happen here. It will continue to grow and it will be Obama's and his cult follower's legacy.

14. SamFisher

Oh god, the hyperbole paranoia monster is out. Rational conversation is now off the table. If my legacy is shutting people like you up, then it can't be all bad.

You devalue the positions you advocate by advocating them in the way that you do. Not that it really matters on a basketball-related message board, but you apparently seem to take it seriously.

Perhaps if this is you in real life, and you really are taking this stuff that seriously, you should pull an @Highway 30, and seek professional help for this personality disorder that you suffer from. I'm not kidding.

15. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. Buck Turgidson

Why? All the undesirables will already be in FEMA concentration camps.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It all started when:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. jocar

jocar Member

You would have mentioned the 2001 Authorization of the Use of Military Force (AUMF) bill, or the Patriot Act (both under Bush) if you truly gave a flying **** about the violation of the Bill of Rights/Constitution and a government or military threat to our civil liberties.

You only care about these issues (drones killing babies included) when you can point a finger at Obama; which shows us all how disingenuous and full of $hit all your threads are.

You might want keep in mind that fear mongering doesn't work when you are the only idiot in the room.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Why we talking about Bush? He gone like forever.

Black man here. He dangerous.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]