1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's upside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jul 20, 2012.

1. jlfans

jlfans Member

Jeremy Lin's best 1 game will be:

P:50
    A:20
    R:8
    S:5
    B:3
    T:0

My favorite games :
    Rockets 120 vs. Nicks 85
    Rockets 110 vs. Lakers 98
    Rockets 108 vs. Thunder 102

2. kent335

kent335 Member

I'm a huge lin fan

@jlfans. I'm a huge Lin fan, but I think you need to lay off the meth pipe.

3. jlfans

jlfans Member

OK

at least

P:40(6 3-point-shots and 10 free throws)
    A:16(5 alley-oops and 4 3-point-shots)
    R:4(Royce grab all the rebounds.)
    S:3(It's easy to Lin.)
    B:1(Rose)
    T:-5(cause an opponent turnover)

My favorite games :
    Rockets 120 vs. Nicks 95
    Rockets 110 vs. Lakers 108
    Rockets 108 vs. Thunder 104

I sincerely believe that will happen.:grin:

4. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Upside. Win. Nothing else matters.

5. lightningbolt

lightningbolt Member

Interview with Jeremy Lin's shooting coach, Doc Scheppler:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VIQJGIkIvog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Very nice. Thanks for posting. I'm excited to see Jeremy's improvement. An increase in his shooting % is definitely going to open up opportunities for him and the team. I liked that coach - very articulate.

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

If Lin improves his shooting to Nash levels, we could be looking at a Hall of Famer.

8. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

If I had a shooting "gun" and "net" I would've shot my ass off all summer long

9. pnr

pnr Member

I think top 5-10 pg is his ceiling only if he can stay healthy. Health is the only thing that I'm worried about with lin.

10. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

At least spell Knicks right and no we will not blow out the Knicks....

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

A 50/40/90 level... The closest he has come to Nash level was in his last 7 games where he hit like 40 of his last 42 FT's. That was it. His 3's & FG% still needs more work. He also needs to be a more consistent FT shooter in the beginning he was pretty bad, towards the end he got better.

12. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Yeah like he improved that quickly in a few months - NOT

More like he was beginning to show his real self...

13. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

Those who are lowballing Lin are those who lowballed Yao before he came to the league, and they are majority of the "fans" here. Nobody predicted Yao would play at such a high level.

Racial stereotype and prejudice is still lurking behind the minds of those people. Even Van our dear Gundy said Lin was "deceptively" quick.

Lin absolutely has "it" in his heart to win. He got his own dues of "shortcomings" like every other player, barring Michael Jordan, but none of those will prevent him from winning.

14. amaru

amaru Member

I think Lin will be a solid to above average player.

15. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

players who have shot 50/40/90 for multiple seasons:
    Larry Bird
    Steve Nash

... that is all.

I would love for Lin to turn into something like that but seeing how many guys have done out of the thousands of professional basketball players in even the last 3 decades... it's a really special level of shooting.

16. jlfans

jlfans Member

All right, K-n-i-c-k-s , Knicks.

I just watched Jeremy Lin's two hands slam dunk on TV in the Lin Shu-Hao basketball training camp.

17. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

That guy looks like an aneroxic Bruce Jenner

18. Drew^0^

Drew^0^ Member

The total score from Lin's first 5 started games is kept in NBA's record. His stat number has many stories behind. 10 of 35 games were played by Lin as a bench warmer. 6 of 35 games played by Lin as a 3rd option scorer after Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoutmire returned when D'Antoni was a coach. 7 0f 35 games were played by Lin when Woodson was a new head coach whose job was to kill Linsanity to please Carmelo.

The real performance of Jeremy Lin was during Linsanity era, no jealousy of superstars and iso coach.

The said 'he can't go left, he has too many TOs, he can't shoot' are compared with perfection, and all critiques were from SAS who is a true hater of Lin. I don't really care what haters said about Lin, because we all feel safe when the ball is in Lin's hand. As a former Knicks fan, I am telling you that Lin will be one of best players in the league soon.
    Here is the post game that coach talks about Lin's Knicks vs Lakers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwLSe_6TrFQ

19. jlfans

jlfans Member

Before his tour this summer, I believe 20 & 10, and he will be a double-double prone. After the shooting coach interview, I believe 24 & 10.
    Kevin Martin will be a very well SG and scoring 24 to 30 every game, another SF, PF, C will have fun with open shot and dunks all night long.
    We Rockets fans will enjoy the game and chant every night. Then sleep with a :grin: . Again, again, again.

20. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Torn miniscus was Lin's first real injury ever. I see that as a less of a 'potential' problem comparing to other players.

Injuries among pro athletes are directly related to offseason workout.

Those work vigorousy offseason are less susceptible to injuries during regular season. Even if they do, they are able to make a speedier recovery.

Wonder why Lebron and Durant have less injuries in the career? Just look at their offseason workouts!