1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's Involvement in the Houston Community

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Baruch, Mar 21, 2014.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I probably misunderstood the intention of the post. Either way, it is a good thing of course. I never look down on contributions to society, I just prioritize basketball more as long a player wears Rockets red personally.

2. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Yes the league does require players to show up during the Holidays and do some work. Most involve painting old building or picking up rubbish. However setting up a charity in your name and doing much more than said above is beyond the league's mandate.

3. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

Now that I can get behind

4. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

There isn't anything wrong with that. I value on and off the court contribution equally just in a different way. If he sucks on the court, well, he can continue his charity work just on a different team;)

5. Exel

Exel Member

And Dwight picks random women around the US and provides for them for up to 18 years.

6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Think of the children! ...oh wait, he already is. :grin:

7. dk808

dk808 Member

how can you hate on charity? why does it seem like rocket fans on this board are the only ones who hate lin?

i barely see lin hate on other bball forums

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

how do people function being so negative all the time??

sheeesh

9. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Right on. It is well known that there are idiots who pretend to be Lin fans to talk craps here in order to stir up the pot. I am actually surprised that some people are so dense that they keep falling for the trick of those idiots. Sad story.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Until Clutch finally snaps and decides to take out the garbage (ban remaining LoF's and trolls), it is going to happen and keep happening. Basically, they have already came in our house and flung their poo everywhere and now we are dealing with the overwhelming stench.

11. PatBeverleyFan

Y'all can't even give props or comment about the actual thread topic without mentioning the LOF vs LOH bull****? Is it that hard?

12. verysimplejason

Everything becomes LOH vs LOF. Actually chenjy9, you are becoming a part of that garbage you are talking about. You are also one of those fanning the flame. Why not just tell us where you stand and let the moderators do their work? It's the reason why we have moderators in the forum after all... Or Clutch isn't enough?

13. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

So often we have fake Lin fans (some people call them Lin trolls) who are so obviously just sitting here to flame the other posters. If someone tries too hard to make inflammatory posts, use your common sense and ignore the idiot. Keep in mind that the idiot is probably laughing his ass off while you are pulling your hair over what he wrote.

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Hard to tell because some LoF's are genuinely that stupid. I just wish the mods were more active in banning these idiots.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I hope he gets involved with more hotties.

16. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

I don't know about you. To me most of them are very obvious simply because they try too hard to be as outrageous as possible.

17. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Maybe if you stopped trolling so hard in all the threads there might be fewer of them. Smh

18. jocar

jocar Member

You perfectly encompassed their character in this one sentence

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good to see that Jeremy is helping the kids of Houston. Also a good video to show to the other non Texas Lin fans that Houston is full of international people.

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Or maybe they can all just leave and leave us in peace. Sorry, but I don't coddle pests, I stomp on them.