1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Stayed with Lin too long

1-6 FG
    -23 plus/minus.

Glad Lin showed fight giving it a go, but was a liability on both ends.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dude has really let me down. With the way we've played when he's off the court I seriously think we could have won the last two games.

3. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

You wanna rail against him the first game, be my guest. But game 2 he was playing fine til he got injured, and the team was only down by 2 when he left the game. Tonight's game, he could even lift his arm, so if you wanna attack someone, attack McHale for letting him play.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Having Lin out there for >30 seconds is a major contributing factor to this loss.

It's not Lin's fault - please don't get me wrong. But it just hurts that they tried to force him out there.

5. Reach

Reach Member

I'm a Lin fan but...

Screw you Jeremy. Screw you for being injured two post-seasons in a row. Toughen up your body or get out of the league.

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

He will be shopped in the offseason.

Maybe won't get a deal because of his contract, anyway he has a very short leash next season.

I won't want to see that garbage from him ever again.

1 person likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm assuming you'd say the same thing to Yao & McGrady. Bad luck is bad luck.

The BAD thing is that he tried to be tough and play through it when he clearly wasn't ready. Again, not his fault. But it didn't help.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Maybe Lin didn't want critics to say he's not tough or something since that 85 percent remark last year made him look bad so he tried to give it a go. Ended up hurting the team and making himself look even worst.

9. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

18 minutes, 1-6, 1 assist, 1 turnover, bad defense.

If you're going to make faces all game, why would you say you're ready to play. Doesn't make any sense.

10. Reach

Reach Member

At least Yao and McGrady were stars and you could rely on them to produce.

Lin on the other hand has just been a huge disappointment. Can't shoot, can't drive without getting stuck in the paint half the time, can't keep his composure under pressure, can't take care of the ball, etc. etc. etc. If he doesn't improve by a huge margin next season I'm giving up on the guy. There are limits to fandom.

11. kvnzhangyay

kvnzhangyay Member

Well honestly, Lin is solid starter material. Not great, but good enough for sure

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Well Lin isnt in the same catagory as Yao/Tmac. Dude is injured, shouldnt have played, tried to tough it out but was ineffective. If you're really that angry just pull an okctowelboy

13. kastuul

kastuul Member

Nobody blames Greg Smith???

He should take care of his body.

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Dude at least he tried to play. If he had sat and we wouldve lost like this you would be blaming him for the loss and saying he has no heart smh. He shouldn't have played and thats on the training and coaching staff. But seriously he wasnt the reason we lost. We were right there in it at the end. We just missed crucial FT and stupid turnovers

15. The RavenEffect

Lin tried gutting it out. Sure, he was a liability because of his injury, but that was on McHale and not Lin for playing him as long as he did.

16. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

If he played, we say he's a liability,if he didn't play, we say he's soft. Sucks to be in his situation...

17. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

come on dont you think youre being a little harsh? lin started every game for a playoff team that did better than anybody expected...isnt that worth something?

and did you really think we were going to win this series? even without westbrook, they are just better than us...dont let this cloud your memory of this season

18. trock

trock Member

Eh. I'm glad he went out there in the 3rd quarter. They needed him. I'll take a one armed Lin over Brooks at this point.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Lin should have never played in this game. He was a liability all night long. No excuse for Mchale to stay with him so long either.

20. JurisDoctorate

Ridiculous that you guys think the 39 pt first quarter of game 3 was solely the fault of Lin trying to give the rockets something even with a bum right arm.

See, I watched the game, and there's this guy named Durant, who couldn't miss a shot in the 1st quarter of game 3 and had 17 of the 39 pts scored by OKC.

But nope. Game 3 loss is on Lin. Carry on.