1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's defence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Jan 5, 2013.

1. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Yea, didn't Lin do a good job on Lebron in the corner, too?

2. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Douglas is better at guarding quick PGs like Nate

Lin is better at guarding PGs who can shake and bake you

3. holly1985

holly1985 Member

I love Kobe's reaction when he found out he missed the shot.

4. Viola

Viola Member

Harden will be a star among Superstars when he develops his defense.

5. Viola

Viola Member

Nate still burned Douglas last time they met thou...

6. Viola

Viola Member

shooting 33% = killing?

7. Winseb

Winseb Member

He does have trouble with the smaller and quicker guards, but a lot of players do too. They're known for being quick for a reason and can blow by most defenders. And more often than not, Lin tries to funnel them to Asik for help.

Lin does a pretty good job of guarding 2s and 3s when they try to post him up. Also, I remember him eating Westbrook alive on one possession during the first OKC game.

8. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

All players have trouble with quick players, it's a matter of making it as difficult as possible for the superstars.

Agreed with the poster that Lin over extends sometimes and loses his man when he tries to help out. Overall, he's a awesome team defense guy. He drops down, helps on defensive rebounds, and double teams effectively. Outside of getting caught watching the ball and giving up threes, and shoring up defensively negotiating around picks, Lin is pretty solid defensively.

9. Viola

Viola Member

BTW, maybe we should keep TD.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Harden's defense isn't too shabby. He did a great job on Monta last night.

11. pnr

pnr Member

Lol, Monta is so inconsistent that we don't know if it was Harden's defense on him or just Monta being Monta...

12. mrchuckles

mrchuckles Member

Yeah, the body language says it all, "I just got played". Although, he might have just been disappointed that he didn't get a foul call with his up-and-under move.

13. Viola

Viola Member

YES! Last season his PPP @ Isolation on the D end was 1.01...that's just horrible!

But now his PPP @ Isolation has been improved to a significant elite number: 0.67

14. Viola

Viola Member

Not the 1st half thou.

15. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Great observation!

As for TD... well I also have a soft spot for him. The thing is they should relegate him to a SG rather than a PG. Then he'll do fine.

16. Hank_1

Hank_1 Member

7 steals tonight.

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

I recall Lin stripping the ball from LeBron..

18. dantian

dantian Member

Succinct observations!
    Lin's anticipation of play development both on offense and on 1-on-1 defense is phenomenal. On D, this ability really irritates, and disrupts the move timing of, the off. player both on their drives and on their shots, even when sometimes Lin appears to be beat with their first steps. His recover angle and timing seem to always catch the opponents unexpected.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lin's D is solid, I've been impressed. But I still like Douglas on this team, he can give a spark off the bench and push the pace.

Lin just needs to be more consistant on the offensive end, and learn to play with confidence.

20. Optimal6

Optimal6 Member

Lin is one of the best defensive PGs in the league. A large part of it is because there aren't a whole lot of good defensive PGs.

The sad thing is nobody will ever acknowledge Lin as a good defender though, and yes I do think race has a large part of it.

Raymond Felton is a pathetic defender and I see plenty of idiots see he is a better defender than Lin. When I ask them to prove it and I show them their synergy defensive stats, they just shrug it off and say watch the games instead, so much bias against Lin, it's pathetic.

1 person likes this.