1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's critical turnover in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You know, I'm as disappointed as anyone today. It made me sick the way we lost that game. But wow, you people calling Lin all these terrible names have no class at all.

Calling someone a "POS" because they screw up in a basketball game? Really? It's just a game. It's true that we all want to win, and are disappointed when we lose, but no player on this team played flawless basketball. I'm really more disappointed in Harden this series than Lin. At least Lin gives effort when he's on the floor.

I'll admit that I won't shed any tears when Lin is gone, but kicking the guy when he is down by calling him every derogatory name you can think of is going over the line in my opinion. It really just reflects negatively on us as fans.

1 person likes this.
  2. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

**** Lin and his chauvinistic fans. Asians loving a fellow Asian despite all his faults is the real racist garbage.

3. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Is that really as moronic as it sounds?

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Theres a difference between being mad at Lin for being **** at basketball and hoping he gets killed in a car accident, I hope you can appreciate the distinction.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I said time and time again during game 3 in the game thread. I don't understand why he's getting so many freaking minutes.

He doesn't do anything to help the team besides a few free throws and also a few midrange jumpers. He can't handle the ball. He can't shoot 3s. He can't even make a freakin layup (more than once in two games).

He sucks unless he gets volume shots. This team is not a good fit for him.

6. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I think the thread is fair, let people blow off some steam

Lin has been utter garbage and I don't see that changing anytime soon

7. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I've personally have never taken it beyond basketball, and yes, those people are stupid, but I was referring to the plenty of rational fans that are blaming Lin for the loss and have kept it strictly basketball.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This guys needs to go.

Rockets are ready to contend or should be and there is no excuse or learning from such boneheaded plays.

Lin has too low of an IQ anyway to learn from anything.

9. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Again you do know we had 5 more min. to win the game

If the game ended right after his **** up than its his fault

Lin played like **** But only played 20 min.

Why did bev go 6/2 TO in 37 min and give up 25 And turn the ball over when we had a chance to tie, which was the last play of the game

Why did batum score 11 points in the 4th and OT

Again plz someone tell me 1 positive that bev and Parsons did in the last 5 min. Of regulation and 5 min in OT

Unlike most of u, I give equal blame to everyone not name Daniels or Howard

My fav is howard he's the only player to show up for the playoffs

10. Barkley123

Barkley123 Member

Agreed. The Lin hate on here is to be honest, embarrassing. Anyone lurking through these forums must think Rockets fans are a bunch of ignorant bigots.

Question: If it was Bev who made Lin's turnover tonight and Lin who made Bev's turnover at the end of OT, would people be flaming Bev like this?

I highly doubt it, Lin would probably still be getting the blame.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah I don't care if you want Lin gone because he sucks at basketball, I've wanted Rondo for ages because our PG duo just isn't good enough, it doesn't instill confidence, it NEVER instilled confidence and sadly my fears have come to fruition.

But take a look around.

We're posting in a thread titled "FUXK JEREMY LIN".

Is that strictly basketball?

It's a blight on the fanbase, and you have degenerates wanting to boo one of our own players WHO STILL PLAYS FOR US.

I'll continue to support Lin until the day he stops wearing a rockets uniform, but fairweather fans like OP can **** off.

12. l3uddhab0y

l3uddhab0y Contributing Member

Haven't read the whole thread but has anyone mention back in game 2, Harden hits a 3 to bring the Rockets back within 3 with 30 seconds left, and Lin fouls Lillard. Not sure if Mchail called for the foul or not but they had enough time to try to get a stop and a tie.

13. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lin was without question the worst player on the court last night and then to f**k up like that at the end? Come on, man, Lin cost us the game. And for the record, I disagree with all the dumbasses that's taking it beyond basketball, wishing for Lin to die in a car crash and all that silly stuff, those people need help.

14. Normalus

Normalus Member

Would you still hate Lin as much if Linsanity will start again, the next game. And we win the series, and other one....and?

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I hate this a-hole more then Scottie Pippen and Rafer Altson combined. Only reason he is in the NBA is because he is Asian.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Not going to happen.

Lin needs to go to a bad team and be a circus act for that.

Maybe NY will take him back.

17. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Through the first 3 games, Jeremy Lin was the second best 2 way player on the team. He nearly won game 1 with his OT performance and made winning plays in game 3 to win in OT. He was underutilized in game 2 but played well.

He made a critical error in game 4, the equivalent of a goal line fumble, and it cost them a chance to win in regulation. He also did not shoot the ball well, but had a good number of rebounds/assists. It would be easy to pin the entire loss on him (and McHale kinda seemed to do that in a moment of post-game frustration) but that would obscure the larger questions about performance by others that is affecting the series.

18. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Im getting called a LoF because I blame everyone, it's sad dude

At the all-star break I said we should give up Lin, Asik and Parsons for bass and rondo, then we wouldn't be in this mess with

A backup PG who shows up half the time and we seem to depend on to be as good as harden in the clutch

A SF who's our third option who still hasn't shown up in the clutch

And asik who's been solid

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

If he redeems himself and helps win us the series then I will be the first in line to give him props. I have no confidence in him though

20. pakattak

pakattak Member

Every single post you've made have been about asians and racism.

Da fuq is wrong with you