1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jbasket, Feb 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Go watch his college tape..

2. munco

munco Member

Lin and the Knicks were playing off tonight but that was cold blooded how he hit that three. For a guy that doesn't seem to have a great jump shot he hit that with the swagger of an elite player. This kid is clutch and the real deal.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really Hate/Like Lin. I think he deserves all the praise from his play, but man do I hate hype and what he is doing to the rockets pick. I have to be careful not to start disliking the player that media tends to latch on to. the "I told you so's" are also damn old; half to people in here should be scouts.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The kids fearlessness and aggression is elite level

5. MD_in_Training

I guess you can read.

6. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

To discredit Lin by saying that he won't be able to keep this up is a strawman. People are genuinely excited for him and the question now is whether he can be a viable starting point guard in the NBA. Very few people who have been excited about Linsanity think he is the next great NBA point guard, so I don't know why there is so much backlash towards that. If he even becomes a respected NBA starter, it's pretty incredible.

The notion that since he is not the next Derrick Rose therefore the story is overhyped and Lin sucks is hating for the sake of hating.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I've been following him since college. Some people don't retain that mindset after they transfer to the big leagues. Lin is just beastly, and he'll never have a problem of not getting his shots to fall since he gets most of his points from 15 feet in.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

are you ****ing ****ting me? I didn't read all of this thread, but god damn. I'm way over him not being a Rocket. I wasn't happy that he was cut, but I didn't care either, but god damn, this is starting to piss me off.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm liking this LINsanity thing right now because it's a great story, but this is kind of ridiculous. Lin has only started in 6 games, we don't know if this is what he can do on a regular basis or if he's playing on a "high" right now.

10. MD_in_Training

Well, I mean, I'm obviously working off the assumption that while he's no superstar, he is a solid starting PG with good poise, intelligence, and leadership. He's unselfish and can obviously pick up offensive schemes quickly. I don't expect him to continue this ravenous pace, but there are certain situations where I would take a smart, gritty, above avg PG over Westbrook.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Not when you have posts saying he is better than Westbrook, Melo should be traded, etc.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I so badly hope that we trade the knicks pick before the deadline. I'm tired of being on the losing side of linsanity

13. MD_in_Training

Who said he's better than Westbrook? If you're referring to me, I said Westbrook is obviously the more talented player, but that doesn't mean he's a better fit in EVERY situation.

14. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

I do agree with the bolded. He will come back down to earth sometime. I still think he's an NBA level player and a starter at that.

15. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

LOL :grin:

16. supermandan

supermandan Member

Does anybody know where GlenRice is?? How come I havent seen his name in anywhere lately????

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

In what situation would you take him over Westbrook

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I highly doubt any team, including the Knicks, would prefer Lin over Westbrook no matter what system they were running or what their situation was.

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

Yes lin could be a good starting pg. Except we have Lin allstar, Lin vs. Lowry threads already. I'm pretty sure someone just said he would take Lin over Westbrook. That is where the backlash is coming from. If people maybe actually looked at his numbers, they probably wouldn't make those claims to begin with.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If Westbrook demanded max money and Lin was only going for vet minimum.