1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin will redeem himself in games 5 and 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Karolik, Apr 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Audio? Video?

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You are right, we need all the help we can get and that is precisely why we should not play Lin. I would much rather gamble on us saving the team from being hurt even more than risk seeing if he can "help." So far, I don't want to see his help at all. I just want us to bench him until he's traded, waived, or retires to sign with another team if he is untradeable. I have ZERO confidence in Lin's ability to:

- Not give the game away x10000000
    - Think
    - Dribble
    - Shoot

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You should Google "Scottie Pippen"

4. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

i am a Lin Fan and I am shredding my LOF card. This guy has made me follow basketball again post Jordan. Jordan gave me joy, this guy give me frustrations. Not good for the heart. Closing seconds on a tight game, you are almost certain he will do a bonehead move. Either he camps and hide and will not contribute (4 v 5 situation), or handles the ball and make an error. yeah he does some nice plays - but the % of negative is higher than a positive.

Before, I was always hoping he can bounce back - now, I just watch and see - hope is for fools.

5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

if by redeem himself, you mean not play during the 4th quarter, then I hope so.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I hope we see a full blown updated version of Linsanity. I hope he goes for 40 or 50 which the Rockets gave to many unknown players in the league during the season. I wouldn't hold your breath though. Lin is a wonderful person and a descent player. I think he has proven that he is not NBA starter material at least on this team. He is slowly regressing out of reserve status. He is wildly inconsistent, so we don't know what to expect. Love the kid, really like his game when he is cooking which now is almost never.

7. garfangle

garfangle Member

It is hard to be consistent when you're not really the PG for the team and you're instructed to camp in the corner after bringing the ball up to half court.

8. FEAR THE BEARD

Hopefully those will be his last games as a Rocket.

9. JazzLakerHater

People just need understand this: Jeremy Lin is just not a championship type of player. He's a terrible defender, he has some of the most egregious turnovers you will ever see, he is a streaky shooter and scorer. Also he holds onto the ball way too long and he's just not a good ball handler. I like Jeremy as a person and I know he just trying to help his team win, but unless he becomes a knock down shooter and a reliable defender, he just has no business being on a roster that has championship aspirations.

10. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

Yea I'm always shocked how he consistently has a really solid +/- even though we always rag on the dude. I'll be the first to admit he carries us a lot of times especially in crunch time but to his credit mchale did ice him out of his groove right before that turnover. He always plays better given consistent unconditional minutes

11. Breaker

Breaker Member

1 person likes this.
  12. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

Lmao nicely disguised LOH good one mate ;)

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Some of these excuses....

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

15. Raven

Raven Member

You mean he's getting benched?

16. TheJet

TheJet Member

Please, not this again. Lin has been given plenty of chances and he just hasn't consistently delivered. I love the kid (he's a Rocket after all) and I love it when he's on his game but he's been entirely too erratic. High risk high reward is just that.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The thick headed, persistent, and over zealous worshiping of such a marginal NBA player by so many is mind boggling.

They worship him. They might as well name a religion after him.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol. He certainly is exactly what he said he was. Search his posts from when he first signed up. Almost as bad as your Lincentric posts.

19. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

its painful but i havent given up hope #thehighsarehigh #game7

20. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

This fan base teeter-totters more than any other I have ever seen.

Hate you one minute, love you the next.