1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin was heckled by Tracy Morgan at MSG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 24, 2012.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ed-by-comedian-tracy-morgan-in-return-to-msg/

felt great to get that win.

2. breakmon

breakmon Member

"Best record in the east."

Wow that is such a big accomplishment.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I know it looked like him, but it wasn't Tracy Morgan, it was Andrew Bynum.

4. breakmon

breakmon Member

Andrew Bynum is over a foot taller. You'd have to be blind to mistake the two.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What's Saturday Night Light?...

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Was "Tracy Morgan" about 7 feet tall and with a bowl cut? Cut I think he had time to go to the MSG because he's taking a break from his regular job.

[​IMG]

7. lfw

lfw Rookie

Tracy Morgan is now going to get heckled by Lin fans at his job as a stand up comedian. Karma is a b****.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Does this mean another round of the TOFs vs TOHs arguments is soon to commence, just a different Tracy this time.

I'll start: Just because I like Tracy making fun of Lin doesn't mean I'm a TOF...quit being a TOH!

9. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Something tells me Morgan didn't heckle at all in the 3rd and 4th quarters. =)

10. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Man, I haven't watched SNL since Eddie Murphy was on it last. And 30 rock is over rated compared to the office

11. trowa2

trowa2 Member

he went to the bathroom because he was *****ting bricks

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

those jokes weren't even funny. i hope they just censored the more "adult" jokes

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Never found Tracy funny. I don't know how that child has a job.

14. ada32

ada32 Member

Tracy Morgan is a black actor and comedian. He is very controversial.

A few Controversies:

On January 27, 2011, Morgan appeared on the NBA on TNT pregame coverage of the Miami Heat and the New York Knicks nationally televised live basketball game. During the appearance, commentators Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith asked Morgan to choose between Sarah Palin and Tina Fey on who was better looking (Fey portrays Palin on Saturday Night Live and is a coworker of Morgan). Morgan said Palin was "good masturbation material". The comment led TNT to apologize for his remarks on live camera.[23]

On June 3, 2011, during a performance in Nashville, Tennessee, Morgan made offensive remarks against gay people, reportedly including that, if his son was gay, he'd better speak to him like a man or he would "pull out a knife and stab" him. Morgan apologized, saying that he had "gone too far".[24] NBC Entertainment head Bob Greenblatt stated, "I speak for NBC and myself personally when I say we do not condone hate or violence of any kind, and I am pleased to see Tracy Morgan apologizing for recent homophobic remarks in his standup appearance... Unfortunately, Tracy's comments reflect negatively on both 30 Rock and NBC — two very all-inclusive and diverse organizations — and we have made it clear to him that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated." Tina Fey, Morgan's boss both in fiction and in real life, said, "I'm glad to hear that Tracy apologized .... but the violent imagery of Tracy's rant was disturbing to me at a time when homophobic hate crimes continue to be a life-threatening issue for the LGBT community...the Tracy Morgan I know, ...is not a hateful man and [would never] hurt another person. I hope for his sake that Tracy's apology will be accepted as sincere by his gay and lesbian co-workers at 30 Rock, without whom Tracy would not have lines to say, clothes to wear, sets to stand on, scene partners to act with or a printed-out paycheck from accounting to put in his pocket."[25]

On June 25, 2011, during a show at Caroline's in New York City, Morgan made derogatory comments about disabled children, saying things such as, "Don't ever mess with women who have r****ded kids,"[26] and referring to a woman as "a cripple". Peter Bernes, CEO of The Arc, an organization supporting people with disabilities, stated, "Tracy Morgan should apologize immediately. This quote is far too offensive to be excused as comedy, and it is very hurtful to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. Mr. Morgan has an incredibly powerful platform from which to fix this, and if he's learned anything in the last few weeks, he can't bomb this apology."[27]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_Morgan

Right after his statements to Lin and Harden, Houston broke their winning streak at home. Chicago defeated Knicks at MSG a few days later!

Now, Miami has the best record in the East!