1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin to start tonight against Mavericks according to my sources.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Dec 23, 2013.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If our defense is going to be that bad, might as well have Brooks start and play the inside out game with Howard.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He looked to be in great condition physically, but he NEEDS to stay on his freaking man. Like he would be that much better if he didn't just sag into the defence and roam.

Dear me.

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Yeah, there was a little bit of that too. But Dalembert/Wright did a good job fronting and denying the entry pass. There was always help lurking from the weakside to soft/hard double Dwight as well. The floor spacing was pretty crappy.

4. rajon

rajon Member

To be fair Red, Mchale just said last post game that the team is just starting to get comfortable playing with Howard. Jeremy hasn't had as much time with him because he has missed many games and practices mostly with the second unit as well. I felt he was just starting to build chemistry with him when he got injured. I've seen him play great with a dominant big man so I know he can: I think it will take a little time.

5. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

True. Lin should have definitely realized this. Didn't help the Mavs hit every 3

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

well if they're that open they are going to.

7. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I think this is often true as we don't know what coaches are telling players to do. I feel like I've read somewhere that the staff tell the players to help so you sometimes end up seeing a lot of overhelping on our team. Sort of like how we don't go for the offensive rebound and choose to leak out. Hard to sometimes slam our SF for not getting more rebounds when coaches are TELLING them essentially not to (and to start to leak back). What they tell the players may change over time as well. Lots of missing info here.

I don't think players can just choose to ignore what coaches tell them to do unless they are stars and know there will not be repercussions. Harden prob ignores McHale whenever on a critical 4th quarter possession McHale says DO NOT ISO HARDEN...and it ends up being iso harden. Or maybe McHale sometimes tells Harden to iso, /shrugs, who knows?

8. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

That's the meat of it, and it's what everyone is forgetting. Sure, Lin has started a number of games, but he's played even more as 6th man with the second unit. If people want to harp blame on him for not having chemistry with Dwight, then make him a consistent starter first.

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

he's not a starter

10. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

It is on the coaching too not just McHale but the staff. Like they should tell everyone to stop helping because they let their man be open for wide open shots or cuts. The only time they should help is in PnR or cuts. This always causes the team to scramble to defend and the defense gets all out of whack.

Right now it looks like a one man team. Only Dwight is playing well. He needs help. And no one is shooting their 3s well. Dallas hit 11 well that's when I stop watching the game idk if they got more. Parsons lost his man all game if it wasn't Vince carter it was Crowder. Where is Parsons defense ?!? He hasn't play well on defense all season. It's worst than last year. And he lost the ball inside too like a lot of times.

11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

trade his ass..i've had enough

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

+1...i was a lin supporter...he has so much potential....i don't think he will ever fulfill it

13. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

knee jerking hard. The guy has been out for a while and played better than expected tonight. But yeah let's just judge his entire potential on this game.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

^its smarts, not talent.

15. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

you really think he played well...lol this guy

16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Lol. Let's trade Lin Asik Parsons and Jones. Let's trade the whole team tho only one we should keep is Dwight. Not even harden is so frustrating some games. Idk who is more frustrating to watch some night

James Harden with his lackasstic lethargic slow sleepy games on defense or offense.
    Chandler parsons. Who hasn't pump fake as much as of late but keeps making turnovers inside the lane or bad shots
    Lin. Who hasn't play much but when he does it's just frustrating to watch him struggle.
    Jones who looks slow and hasn't play well lately.
    Casspi or Garcia who just don't seem to shoot from 3 well at all and tried to drive the ball too much.

I Thot last year was frustrating but I gave them the benefit of the doubt coz they were the youngest and they were playing fast ball. But it was just their turn overs now even when we don't turn over the ball as much we loose.

I would keep Harden and Dwight. ;p

17. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

didn't read :cool:

18. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Because that's what Jesus would do.

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

it's okay Man U don't have to read every post. I'm just venting. That's all. And I don't mind or care if u read my post
    :p

20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Lol
    Yes man it is . To let others get open shots to share the court and the glory and to lose is to win coz ur opponent won and to win is to loose coz they lost.