1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin to start tonight against Mavericks according to my sources.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Penetrate&Creat

not sure if troll

how many players in this league drop 30 consistently?

2. Exel

Exel Member

But you just did! Feigen and rofflesaurus both confirmed it.

3. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

My guess is Parson will be point guard, Lin will be shooting guard and Garcia will be SF. Mchale does not want Lin to touch the ball.

4. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Oh damn, I didn't know this is the first game Jeremy Lin's starting for the Rockets, wow thanks man I'm really looking forward to this.

5. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lin's thrust into the Harden role after missing 10 of 12. Great opportunity, but it's a tough task that's being asked of him.

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

Why is this thread 3 stars? Oh i forgot about the LOHs

7. Supermaruchi

Supermaruchi Member

Well said.

8. Breaker

Breaker Member

THANKS ALOT JEREMY

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Jeremy scored 19 points. Too bad he gave up like 30. Sick of his "help defense".

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea I liked his offensive game but holy crap was that bad. My cousin was watching the game with me and knows nothing about basketball yet he kept asking why Lin kept leaving his man open.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I mean honestly the guy just never stays on his man, he drifts and leaves guys like Calderon wide ****ING open, it is maddening how stupid that is, and he has not stopped doing that in his limited career.

All it takes is for him to be more disciplined and stay home on shooters - sure he may get a few less steals but the team will be so much better off..

Jeremy is maddening - he is great at attacking the rim - but everything else is average -ish....

DD

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It didn't help that Lin STILL has no idea how to play with Howard in regards to alley ooping and dishing to him off the pick and roll.

Someone needs to tell Lin to stop helping and start sticking. Its not even lack of effort, its just stupid low basketball IQ plays. That or poor discipline.

13. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Lin looked good physically, but he just also looked lost on defense. This loss was on the entire team though. No effort, strange defensive schemes from the coach, and Dallas' size and length bothered us. They did a good job on slowing Dwight down.

14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I keep defending Lin on the chats that he is just coming off an injury. But man is so frustrating seeing his attitude like if he drives and even if he gets foul okay u gotta drive harder. Lin should know that things won't come easy. Especially foul calls the refs tend to swallow them. But u gotta go in w confidence. He looks lost like a rookie tonight and last time he came from injury.

Not only Lin but parsons too. If we hadn't gotten Howard we would be losing every game with harden out.

Casspi Garcia none of the guys shoot their threes well. I wish we had given cannan playing time tonight.

15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I agree he look lost I just posted that but he looks lost on offense too. Like his passes to dwight were too far and he dribble like if he was sleepy. We complain when harden plays like this. And his 3s look way off I think he only got one right ?

16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Isn't this a coaching problem? Shouldn't mchale tell him to stop freaking helping so much

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Dwight wasn't slowed down. In fact, I would argue the Rockets' players were the ones who slowed him down.

The guards consistently ignored him when he called for the ball.

18. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin did really well for his first game back. He'd probably have better chemistry with Dwight, if he were a starter, and if this team actually ran dedicated PnR.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe? I honestly don't know, if the coaches are not telling him, then sure, but Lin is smart enough to figure that out on his own.

And BTW - I don't think McHale is even an average caoch, I think he is horrible.

DD

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

About those passes, I think the turnovers have gotten to his head. When he makes those passes, he's worried about turning it over and voila. Self-fulfilling prophecy, he turns it over. He needs to get over that mental hurdle and be more confident in his play. It's on the coaches too. They need to let him make mistakes and be understanding so he can grow and learn from the mistakes he makes.