1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin says he's OK with being Rockets' 6th Man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Oct 28, 2013.

1. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Your reward for sacrificing and deferring to harden all year, the pine.

2. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Oh boy.

Howard has whined every single stop in NBA about touches. All of the sudden, he's sacrificing by getting a max deal here.

Everyone else is LIKELY to sacrifice shots, because we acquired a very good player.

LIKELY? That's your definition of sacrifice, while Lin giving up his starting up position is a golden opportunity for him?

Hypocrisy at its best.

3. trock

trock Member

The thing that's a shame in thread is that amid the nonsense back-and-forth between the dumber factions of this board, there really isn't any appreciation for a young player actually sacrificing for the 'good of the team.' His teammates have all been giving lip service to it, but Lin's actually lost his starting spot, and is willing to take on a different role without saying anything but good things about his coach and mates. Seems a lot of people think he's being placed back where he belongs, but I think he can replace a lot of starting PGs in the league. So, I do think it's a sacrifice on his part. Kudos to you Jeremy.

4. yummyhawtsauce

Agreed, putting his team first to help win. Will be interesting to see how McHale plays his lineups lol - I remember last year the rage for McFail was so big.

5. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

I guess Asik has a more powerful agent who is not afraid to curse DM.

6. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Lin is best with the ball in hands so this is the perfect situation for him. He will flourish in the Manu role.

7. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL. What are you talking about?

8. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Everybody knows that Lin will do whatever he tolds. He doesn't retaliate. A very bad weakness.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You act as if we are benching CP3 here.

I never said it was a golden opportunity for Lin. It's a golden opportunity for The Houston F'n Rockets.

The Rockets have a great luxury here. No doubt Lin could fit well with the starters, but he can also fit very well running with the bench guys. Beverley on the other hand fits best with the starters and not so much with the bench. The reasons have been discussed over and over. It's about maximizing the teams potential, not Lins.

Not my fault that you can't see or won't see what many others including the coaching staff do. Also not my fault you think Lin is on the same playing field as our 2 top 10 players when it comes to catering to their talents.

Just because you perceive Lins "sacrifice" to be the biggest doesn't mean others aren't making sacrifices as well. Not every players sacrifice is going to be equal, this isn't a perfect or fair world.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Being a team player is a weakness?

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Put the pipe down

12. kmart9419

Howard pout his way out of Orlando and LA. He's one of the biggest whiner there is. As long as we win, he will be under control.

13. zdrav

zdrav Member

Jarret Jack, Jason Terry, Ryan Anderson, Martell Webster... Try harder.

14. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yeah, worked wonders for Lowry and Dragic. :rolleyes:

15. kmart9419

Oh yeah. Terry. I thought he was good until he got demoted in Dallas.

16. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

they're both starting PGs now instead of fighting for playing time under McHale...so yeah.

17. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

So many different views but some people need to chill. We need to find the best chemistry so let the coach do what's necessary. This team is not about one player it's about all of them. If Lin recognizes that and agrees to that then there is no problem

18. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I've said many times, Lin is not at any elite guards' level. I've said almost in every single post that he has to accept coach's decision.

So you agree, it wasn't fair.

As for the notion of "for the TEAM"? Remember, they have yet to play a single game, and this NEW experiment has YET to prove.

Lin PROVED last year, with him starting, Rockets were winning. With addition of Howard, they should win a lot more.

Only result matters, let's just wait and see.

Disagreeing with a non-proven new plan to replace a proven working plan, isn't something outrageously wrong against the TEAM.

19. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

For sucky team but ok yeah...

20. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lowry plays for one of the most irrelevant teams in the NBA, while Dragic is going to get run out of town because of Bledsoe.