1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin, Red Carpet in Austin, TEXAS (UPDATED with pics/video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Fighton

Fighton Member

thanks for taking the time to write the review. good stuff.

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

Dang thats a diverse crowd. I thought it would be 90% asian. I guess he has a more multiracial fan base than I thought.

3. Caris

Caris Member

Really enjoyed reading your review & observations. Very cool...:cool:

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude.
    It's a film festival. Not a Jeremy Lin fan club.

FOFs.

Film Only Fans.

5. Fighton

Fighton Member

well, his story is not an asian story. it's an underdog story. underdogs come in all shapes and sizes. not surprised.

besides, the whole NYC was rooting for this guy last year and last I checked, NYC is as mixed as you can get.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Wow, people don't get the concept of Film Festivals.

The reason they show this film is to get press and buzz to support marketing and funding and distribution.

Most of the people who watch the movie are media, critics, entertainment industry people, and "film snobs"

https://cart.sxsw.com/products/show?product_code=reg-film
    Film Badge $650

I went to this movie because I wanted to see a good movie, not because Jeremy Lin was the feature. This is just coincidence .

If a Lin fan saw a movie of Lin dribbling the ball for 2 hours, they'd give it at least 3 stars.

7. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Not to hijack this thread, but I don't think you are giving faith a fair shake. I am not religious but I still acknowledge that it takes as much faith to believe that there is no God as to believe that there is a God.

If you disagree, prove that there is no God. This is a rhetorical question - you obviously don't need to prove it or if you submit a proof, I'm not going to dispute it.

8. zdrav

zdrav Member

I love it how people so grossly overestimate the power and influence of Asians.

Linsanity becomes an American phenomenon? Probably all because of Asians.

Linsanity becomes a global phenomonon? Probably all because of Asians.

Jeremy Lin remains an NBA story even after Linsanity ends? Probably all because of Asians.

Jeremy Lin gets a lot of All-Star votes? Probably all because of Asians.

Jeremy Lin documentary gets a lot of backers and support? Probably all because of Asians.

Dude, Asian-Americans are not that influential. If they were, then someone like Jeremy Lin wouldn't have been such a big deal because there wouldn't have been such a gaping lack of Asian-American role models in the media.

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Take it to D&D I will meet you there.

Unless you wanna be maxwell'd by tinman.

10. zdrav

zdrav Member

Jeremy Lin is getting paid an average starting PG's salary, and his PER is right at the average of 15.

What exactly were you expecting Lin to put up? 13 PPG and 6 APG, as well as being top 10 in STPG, in his first season as a starter is pretty good to me.

Sorry he's not achieving 25-15.

11. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Thanks Tinman for the recap and interesting tidbits. :cool:

12. tinman

Supporting Member

It's the year the of the Snake, so why don't you slither on out of my thread and move your Asian rants to the D&D.

pretend it's a karaoke room so you can sing all your Asia songs at heat of the moment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pKAYzdMYWnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o97uNzbBfis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Tinman, did watching Linsanity give you any new perceptions of Jeremy Lin as a person and player? If so, what were they?

15. zdrav

zdrav Member

I'm not the one who brought up the racial composition of the film audience.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

I mentioned that his jumper was better when he was a kid. Since he was a little kid, he naturally put a lot of arc on his shot. Now he's taller, he should adjust his jumper.

As a person? he seems like some dude any of us have met in college who joined some bible study group and plays hoops a lot (except not as talent) and likes to watch NBA. Maybe go hit the all you can eat buffet with.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I already said that dude he has no clue what a film festival is, and apparently so do you with your rant about influences of Asians.

i've seen your posts before, just comment about the film. I was in the audience, trust the person who actually was there.

Like I said, there's a section where you can talk all the race you want.

This GARM place is for a race of people with a certain DNA.

It's called the Clutch City gene.

18. MonKing

MonKing Member

Seconded. Great report Tinman, appreciate it. And I also appreciate the efforts at chasing off the LOx site-disturbers.

19. Fighton

Fighton Member

hahaha. good take. that's why he's so easy to root for. just a normal dude trying to hang.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

cool analysis.

smh at some of the comments in here though...