1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Jeremy Lin or George Hill?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 28, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who is better?

1. Jeremy Lin

208 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. George Hill

202 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

George Hill plays so much better at home than away it's ridiculous. He surely played very very badly the game before and thought about bumping it. Thanks for the bump. Just imagine the uproar, 1 pt, 4 asts 3 TOs.

2. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

This, although I would add that Hill's time with Spurs really helped developed him.

3. recboil

recboil Member

i'm not even that impressed by his defense. ray allen's been beating him off the dribble way too many times considering how old he is.

4. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

Hill's a nice player, better than Lin at this point (but has 2 years of actual age and 3+ in terms of actual NBA time on him.) though I'm sure most of the guys that irrationally hate Lin will also irrationally hate a PG that gets less than 5 assist per 36 min.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

6. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

7. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Apples and oranges.

8. youngduck

youngduck Member

y does lin get compared to so many players???..undrafted player gets more attention than most players. LOL. keep it coming cuz that only means hes relevant nd stay popping. chyeahhhh.

9. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Hill is not a PG. Guy can't get an assist if his life depended on it. Pacers offense is in shambles tonight, and Hill has a fat 0 in the assists column. Averaging under 5 assists per game in 40 minutes this series.

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Hill can't even get the ball to Hibbert.

11. pnr

pnr Member

Maybe that's why his TOs are down, cause he doesn't really look to pass...

12. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

You know, I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the thread already -- but the Rockets could have had Hill right now. When we drafted Morris we could have taken Kawhi Leonard (I was so excited when he was still on the board and so bummed when Morris was taken -- but Parsons coming from that draft does mitigate the pain somewhat).

Anyway, we could have traded for Hill just as the Pacers did.

Regardless of his disappointing game 7 -- I would much, much rather have Hill than Lin -- especially considering how bad Morris was for us. I know we didn't really need a point guard back then, and that Morey was swinging for the fences with Morris (who he thought at least had the potential to be a star) -- just saying, I'd love the have Hill right now and to have not ever had to deal with the whole Lin experience -- on the court or on our message board.

Here's to Patrick Beverley starting next season and Lin competing for 6th man of the year.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'll take neither as my starting pg but both could be quality assets coming off the bench

14. kcd

kcd Member

Bev is not better than Lin. And the Lin experience help get us to the playoffs.

15. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Well, Hill could never score 37 with double-digit assists the way that Lin did against the Spurs last year. We misuse Lin so bad. We should always have Lin on the floor when Harden isn't.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya, not going to happen

17. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

George Hill fits way better in the system than Lin. But if Lin was in Pacers team, I can see wonders working for them as everything they do is almost Lins strength.

In Rockets team I'd take Hill over Lin. In Pacers, I'd take Lin over Hill. Just for pure trading assets, I'd take Lin over Hill anyday.

1 person likes this.
  18. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Easy to be a PG on a team with that much talent.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly.

20. hltiki

hltiki Member

apparently not for Hill...