1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin on the Cover of GQ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballerboy001, Oct 16, 2012.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

His five dollar haircut begs to differ. It looks like he goes to Tony's or Linda's.

2. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Interesting read, actually.

But if this kind of thread bothers people, moderates should make a Lin media thread and then only people interested can click.

A lot of "annoying" things could be fixed by better moderation.

3. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Why is he taking pictures and doing interviews when he should be practicing? ;)

4. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

This interview was done months ago.

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm looking forward to his "This is SportsCenter" commercial. Those commercials are hilarious.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

People here used to b**** that no national media pays attention to the Rockets players. Now that people are b****ing that a national media outlet pays attention to a Rockets player.

b****es here just got to b****.

1 person likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

truth.

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Just don't see Lin sitting in a tree chair hunting deer or on the cover of Field and Stream.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I disagree. He enjoyed a completely irrational and unrepeatable shot to stardom with Linsanity last season and then was blessed with an injury. He's gotten a big contract out of it; the Rockets have gotten contracts out of it too. Consumers are still euphoric from his rags to riches story and the hope for a Linsanity II. Once the regular season starts and he looks like a regular person, the euphoria will all dry up, and the endorsement deals will be harder to find. The time to monetize his fame is almost over. He must run the hype machine as hard as he can for the next two weeks for the sake of his own bank account and Les'.

10. pnr

pnr Member

Lin rejected to be on Letterman and get a cover on GQ during the height of Linsanity. He really doesn't like all the media attention. I'm kinda surprised he even did this cover story.

11. MT1417

MT1417 Member

I guess some are still trying to get used to Lin being a Rocket, and this is one of the reasons you see so many 'I miss Gogi/Lowry' posts. I mean, it's just the beginning and he has barely contributed. It also doesn't really help that before people could get attached to him as a Rocket, they get annoyed by some of his fans first.

With what happened last season with Linsanity, his identity as a ex-Knick is hard to forget. Kinda how tinman's thread started as well also IMO. It's like Lin is getting all the media attention because he's Jeremy Lin, not because he's Rockets PG, Jeremy Lin.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Why is Lin on the cover of GQ, Why god why??? The season is about to start, why is he doing this to the city of Houston??? This is horrible/ an atrocity to humanity... We must stand up and unite to not let this **** happen again... This might be the worst thing since the Holocaust, an outrage I tell you, an outrage!!!!!

13. kastuul

kastuul Member

NY is not that good
    They embraced Lin because he played well during Linsanity.
    When he lost games against the Hornets or the Heats, the medias couldn't wait to rip him.

The Rockets allows Lin to develop and makes mistakes because they are rebuilding.
    The Knicks want to WIN NOW which is delusional.

Landry Fields was named to the NBA All-Rookie First Team
    Knicks fans called them garbage when they were struggling.

Lin is so lucky to sign as a rocket.

14. pnr

pnr Member

Yup, NY is such a toxic environment. The NY Media is a circus and Lin is lucky he can get out of the spotlight and just focus on developing as a basketball player, not a media star.

15. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

I can see it now... at the first sign of this team playing well (i.e. semi-hot start) there's going to be a SI or ESPN "young guns"/"Next" cover featuring Lin, Parsons, Asik, Lamb, etc.

16. Arthurprescott2

That's assuming such a "first sign" happens... lol. If it does though, I do hope its the group as a whole instead of just focusing on Lin. Rockets do have such likeable rookies (if they suck throughout the season, my opinion on their likeability might change though :p).

17. supdudes

supdudes Member

Man...such ugly pants.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

His pants are too loose.

1 person likes this.
  19. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

If we struggle there's also the inevitable "over-hyped" cover with Lin looking despondent and/or crumpled on the floor.

Either way, media exposure!!

20. VanityHalfBlack

Boston has their own GQ Magazine featuring:

[​IMG]