1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin needs to regain his swag

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REA, Nov 18, 2012.

1. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Massage with happy ending = Lin have bigger swag.

2. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

So's Harden. And there's nothing explicitly stated in the Bible against lap dances.

Anyways, Lin just needs to keep shooting and find his way back. Why did they cancel practice yesterday of all days?

3. Arthurprescott2

Supporting the local community? Giving back? Donating to a scholarship for single mothers? A very worthy cause for any young man.

4. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

His passes are what's getting Parsons and Morris their shots, and especially some good 3's. His passing can be exquisite.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Arthur what are your thoughts on his shooting are you worried?

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

All of the above tbh. Harden's been blessed 80mil and a world of talent.

7. skyrock79

skyrock79 Member

He wasn't a good shooter at NY. In the net game he broke out, he actually missed 4 open jumbers in the 1st half. He definitely needs those and1s to fire himself and get the confidence up. I see improvement in terms of being more aggressive to the rim. He drove to the basket more often than earlier games. Right now his first thought is to find open man, but he also needs that attack first instinct. It is hard to find a balance but with time, he will know when to do the right thing.

1 person likes this.
  8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

No way he regains that swag with the way our coaching staff is utilizing him.

9. Arthurprescott2

I was at first. But at this point, I think patience is needed. I don't think his shooting stroke is coming back any time soon. Might be a more gradual improvement over the season. I hope.

That said, we've seen it before where he needs to get warmed up by getting to the charity stripe which means he's being aggressive driving to the basket. Teams are pretty keen on packing the paint on him, especially tonight - whenever he got into the paint, Pau and Howard were waiting w/ arms up. Our bigs couldn't push them out or pull them w/ range threat. He does take advantage and rush in on transition before opposing bigs can get position.

So if he's not getting rhythm from the stripe, then it doesn't translate to his other shots. He'll have an easier time against smaller teams/teams not great at protecting the rim. Or if Rox can get bigs w/ range (more Morris, TJones though I guess PPatt works some).

I hope it's the rhythm theory - if his stroke is broken, that's not coming back mid-season.

10. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Ehh. I'm a Christian and I've been to the strip club a couple of times.

11. Mr. Space City

i heard bandz will make her dance

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Why the hell is everybody talking about Lin's sex life.

13. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Because he's been coming up empty. Fans are concerned.

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

"Everyone's now saying that Lin is actually just an average PG and was overrated last year. Just because he isn't putting up big numbers anymore.

But that's not because he's ****ty, but because he's not being given a chance to do his job. Which is to be the ****ing point guard. The whole offense is run through Harden, and only Harden. Lin's being used as a "pass the ball to Harden" machine instead of being given the chance to be the playmaker. He absolutely flourished in NY last year because D' Antoni's system is all about giving the PG the ball, running the pick and roll, and allowing the PG to make decisions from that point on. He's proven himself to be really good when he's actually called upon to be a ****ing point guard.

But the Rockets coaching staff are just completely missing the point of having Lin on the team. They seem to be completely infatuated with Harden and would rather watch him run iso plays all day long. During one of the last few possessions of the last game (can't remember which team it was against. The one where the Rockets had a 21 point lead at the half), the Rockets came out of a timeout in a really tight game, and the best play the coaches could draw up was to run Harden off several screens to get free, so that Lin could pass him the ball at the three point line, then the rest of the team just ****ing STOPS moving and watches Harden. No cuts, no ball movement, just WATCH HARDEN DO HIS THING NOW!

Seriously? You've got a PG who's shown to be very efficient at running the pick and roll and even DRIVING (one of his biggest strengths), but yet you just want him to pass the ball off to your SG who's heavily defended every single game and let your PG stand in the corner and watch? Lin isn't a spot up shooter, that has never been his strengths. His strengths are passing and driving, not the ****ing corner 3. Why the hell do you put him in the corner and let Harden have the ball and iso around like it's OKC?

So yes, I really agree that the Rockets' coaching staff has got to go. Or at least realise that "HEY! YOU KNOW WHAT! WE'VE ACTUALLY GOT A POINT GUARD THAT CAN PASS AND DRIVE! MAYBE WE SHOULD ****ING USE HIM!"

15. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Maybe if he got more p***y.

Just saying.

16. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Because it's the only thing they can come up with as to why he can't make his shots.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah this is technically the second game where the ball was in his hands a lot which was good to see. He was also a lot more aggressive today. I can't remember how many times I thought his shot was going to go in only for it to hit the rim or roll in & then fall out. That is why I am thinking that as he handles the ball more & is allowed to be more aggressive things will just start to fall in place. Season is still way to early and guys are overreacting.

Interesting tid bit from twitter, before tonight, Harden had 79 P&R ball-handler plays and 63 Isolations; Lin had 38 P&R plays and 14 isolations. In the first 9 games of the year Harden runs 19 pick and rolls a game and Lin runs 9 a game. The back court needs better balance.

18. Luca

Luca Member

JLin needs a girl in his life instead of hanging out with his male friends only. Joke aside, I hope he gets his confidence back ASAP. No matter industry yu are in to perform your job, Confidence in yourself is the big FACTOR.

19. SunsRocketsfan

cause sex cures all problems.. he needs to go have some sex and relax and get rid of what ever is bothering his crappy ass shot..

20. Luca

Luca Member

Lmao, then you'll be so tired after a night out with the strippers and won't be able to perform.