1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Omron

Omron Member

Three things I agree with:

1) Lin is not that good and should be traded

2) Morey is a jerk and that was a total dick move

3) Lin should not have tweeted anything

LOL at those here saying it was not a big deal and Lin should not have felt disrespected. It's never a big deal when it happens to somebody else until it happens to you. Bunch of hypocrites.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Gun to your head, if Melo comes here and the Rockets retain Lin (which can be done if Melo takes 18 a year along with a small trade) do you really think Lin will still be number 7? Hell no, that is Melo's number if he wants it. Just like a starting spot on the roster is Melo's if he wants it. Why didn't Terrance Jones take to twitter and post a passive aggressive bible verse about Melo coming to Houston? Melo will actually take Jones' job, all Melo takes of Lin's is his number.

1 person likes this.
  3. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

It's so juvenile and unnecessary and makes the organization look amateurish. Do these guys really think a fake photoshop will convince Melo to come to HOU? This approach might have worked for an immature kid like Dwight, but it won't on everybody

I really like what DAL did. Treat Melo like a man and keep it business.

4. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Agree with all the points. Lin's human though. Lin hasn't complained very much ever since coming to this team and has been a classy player throughout the benching, random mins, role adjustment, etc.

5. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

+1. It makes the rockets look way too desperate. Win Melo's respect...

6. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

doubt the treatment of Lin was a factor (maybe very small), but Lowry actually likes his team and the team was going to pay him pretty well. Not sure what the rockets pay would have been like but I think Lowry wanted to try winning with his team and his new salary $$$

7. oelman44

oelman44 Member

What does that have to do with anything? Lin is very likely going to be traded regardless of whether or not Melo comes. Clearly it was a dick move and stop randomly making comparisons to Bev, Scola, and Jones because its at all the same situation. I'm far from a LOF, I just don't like the practice of us strutting around these big name free agents like divas

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

See, you see what you want to see in this. I didn't even make the comparisons to Bev or Scola because both Morey and Clutch beat me to it. You do realize if Lin does get traded he still has a job right? Terrance Jones on the other hand will lose his job (or at least have it down sized pretty dramatically) to sign Melo. The comparison to Jones is actually really apt, you just see what you want to see, ignorance is bliss and all.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Nah, I'm not holding it against the Rockets for dealing Lin or benching Jones. I'd rather them keep the roster as is, but I get FO's #1 concern is rings. What I'm not ok with is the on the nose billboard slap in the face. Totally unessary and handled poorly IMO. no need to **** on lin while he's on his way home.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Right, because Carmelo Anthony has over time proven himself to be a sensible businessman type, not just another spoiled rich athlete who's been coddled since that weird growth spurt in 5th grade. He's certainly not one of those who would be susceptible to standard-practice psychological ploys like implanting an image into his brain of him wearing a Rockets uniform and holding the Larry O'Brien trophy.

Nope, Carmelo is a very smart man who's above that kind of thing. Just park him in a conference room with a spreadsheet printout or two and a good Powerpoint presentation and he'll start drooling.

Seriously, we're talking about a guy who married someone named La La who had a reality show. Trust me, the Photoshopped-uniform approach is the way to go.

1 person likes this.
  11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

See, if the nature of the NBA was comparable to ANY other business, I would completely feel Lin's pain. Players are CONSTANTLY being discussed in trade rumors, buyouts, amnesties, etc. Player movement is as common as night and day in the NBA. Everyone else's 9-5 job is much more stable (typically) and of course it would be insulting to have your livelihood threatened by a newcomer who might be "looking at your office" as others have cited as an example. Bottom line, this is completely different as Lin got more money from Houston than he's ever seen before. Melo wants #7 so you photoshop the #7 on his promo billboard. Case closed, this is business. Lin is a journeyman, not a long-time Houston hero with a few rings. I'm not criticizing Lin's response as much as I am the fans ragging on our FO.

1 person likes this.
  12. Razsan

Razsan Member

The one thing that bothers me is the assumption by all (me included) that the number thing is the only issue. None of us know the whole story and any opinions we may have are based on partial data.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Honestly, if I were to relate it back to me it would be like my boss showing my desk off to a new employee saying that it could be hers if she wanted it. It's not a big deal, but if my boss were to walk in and say that this potential employee would be taking my spot in the lab I would be furious.

14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Perhaps, but Morey said so himself if we were to land Carmelo we would HAVE to trade Lin and Asik, hence why it is a little more sensitive. I know it's not a huge deal and the Rockets have to do what they have to do, but I still don't like it.

15. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

that's pretty much the case though. Your boss put a huge photo in front of the company of the new guy at your desk. The situation is pretty much " hey if this guy comes, you have to go. If he doesn't want to come, there's a chance we may keep you around."

Anthony may not be taking Lin's position, but he surely is gonna take his spot and his(and omer's) money.

16. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

Will be glad when this is over.

He will get traded, sooner ratter than later.

He didn't ask for the crazy contact but that was what the team offered. Fact that he is not playing up to expectations is why everyone is going nuts here.

Heck, if he did as well as he did when he first started in NY here there would be none of this crap on the board. He is not as good as his contract. Now that was who's fault?

He did nothing but try his best to fit in with whatever the team asked him to do. He improved over the year before but became a 6th man. He lost his job.

Now he knows he will be traded but still that was a BS move by the team.

You may not be a Christian and that is your choice but he is and I think his response is justified and far more classy than the team. It was a slap in the face. A simple heads up to him would have avoid this but they didn't think it nessary for a lowly worker not in the companies' future plans.

It's business, nothing personal, right.

17. Razsan

Razsan Member

Thank you for having some sense....excellent post!

18. Verbatim

Verbatim Member

One more thing.

The team bend over backwards and then some and used kid gloves handling the situation that was Royce, I don't do what my job requires because I am a sick man, so sue me, better yet I will sue you White. He twitter bombed the team.

Someone in the organization should have realized the JLin has a few fans, no?

And also has twitter account.

Wish JLin the best wherever he lands.

By the way, not a so called LOF. Was here a while. Hope the team does get a FA.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No one is taking anyone's money.

I keep reading all these regular job comparisons and NONE of them are apples to apples comparisons.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin is going to get a 15 million dollar severance package as an overpaid mail boy who couldn't deliver .

Carmelo Anthony is interviewing for a big boy job