1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

trying to win chip no ******* allowed

2. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Morey has no analytics for this!

3. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I don't think it is a passive aggressive use of scripture...

People have been trying to get him to react about this situation... and that's how he reacts but using scripture... a scripture that teaches us to love our enemies and be nice to those who have slighted us...

it is him acknowledging that the situation is disrespectful but he is not going to react badly to it...

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Except he reacted.
    Victimizing himself and not handling it like a professional athlete should be handling it. Acting like it's some huge betrayal.

5. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

lol without the espn article his tweet wont even mean that much tbh....

6. RedRedemption

His tweet reaches hundreds of thousands of people. Or however many people follow him. He knew exactly what he was doing.

I get him feeling disrespected but Lin had the choice to just stay quiet and move on, he did not.

7. FeaR

FeaR Member

28 pages in 10 hours :eek:. What do you discuss about Lin jersey number?

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you are correct sir.

he made it worse by going on twitter.

you remove religion from him, what kind of a person is he? lots of people hide behind 'faith'.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Jeremy should follow my religion, it specifically states

'Cecil 13:6 - 'Forgive thou venerable moray for thou givest thou houston rockets jersey number to thou caramel honey nut cherrios

thou'

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

don't agree that jeremy is a bad person but this is the most profound thing i've ever seen tinman post

11. RedRedemption

Jeremy should be happy. Now he can probably start, get a ton of minutes, and do whatever he wants to since it's a rebuilding team.

I don't think jeremy is a bad person either but these passive aggressive tweets show he's human after all. His bitterness is clearly showing and it looks like he is either trying to hurt the rockets or cope with the support of his obsessive fans.

12. steady

steady Member

Lin should have let this blow over. His reaction, IMO, showed a little immaturity.

That said, he is 25, and this is not a big deal.

13. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I disagree, even if lin stayed quiet it will have the same effect... as long as espn published their story, everyone will react the same way...

14. RedRedemption

No, because it wouldn't have been a big deal. It's only a big deal because Lin made it so. There would have been no story if Lin hadn't been so vocal about it.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

How did Scola and Beverly react?

16. RedRedemption

Yup. Dumb move by the rockets, slight overreaction by Lin.

17. sutton

sutton Member

Feigen said rockets won't trade Lin unless some big name free agent makes verbal commitment. Now Morey has to trade lin regardless.

18. jackycool

jackycool Member

"Victimizing himself" is quite a reach. He did not say a single malicious or uncalled for thing about the Rockets FO, all he said was that he felt disrespected and he had every right to. Regardless of what people feel about him or not, he is still a Houston Rocket who, despite inconsistent play, has been nothing but a class act. We all know the NBA is a business, but last time I checked he's still on the team and still represents this organization.

When you see a Rockets jersey with a #7 on it, it doesn't say "Anthony" on the back, it says "Lin".The Rockets are paying him $25m, he knows and well know the Rockets gotta do what they gotta do to attract someone like 'Melo, but you couldn't even tell him beforehand? Lin is still a Rocket and if/when that changes then so be it. Lin doesn't own that number nor do the Rockets need his permission to use it, but they could have made sure Lin knew. This reflects on the Rockets much more than it does on Lin and to the NBA and basketball community as a whole, this just isn't good look. And what's worst of all, this whole stupid thing could have been avoided.

19. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I'm on the fence on this one.... I do think Lin should have kept quiet, but I do wonder if this organization is somewhat of a loose cannon in regard to how it deals with its current players. The Melo number thing has a little "Ted Stepien" in it.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Jesus didn't sign any $25 million contract. I'm serious.