1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Jeremy's father is the key. His father never know how to dribble well or shoot well...but his father was Lin's FIRST basketball coach!! :eek::eek::eek:

2. Dei

Dei Member

Btw, this is so well put I wish you started the thread. I'll just link this on my sig.

3. MKL

MKL Member

You're the lin fan detective? I want to report a lin fan, is there a hotline I can call? Like 1-800-AIR-BALL ?

keep up the good work, you're the hero gotham needs.

EH OH EL!

4. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Lin

Lin worked to improve his jump shot during the offseason by abandoning the shooting form he had used since the eighth grade. He also increased his strength, doubling the weight he could squat (from 110 pounds (50 kg) to 231 (105)) and almost tripling the number of pull-ups that he could do (from 12 to 30).[88] He increased his body weight from 200 pounds (91 kg) to 212 (96)—including 15 pounds (6.8 kg) of muscle—added 3.5 inches (8.9 cm) to his standing vertical jump and 6 inches (15 cm) to his running vertical jump, and improved his lateral quickness by 32 percent.[28][94]

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/s...lin-as-a-point-guard.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

http://www.webcitation.org/65i6sOWK2

just for reference. :)

5. jose

jose Member

You're going off of one game, you can go on any basketball site and compare the box scores of Dragic and Lowry throughout their careers and compare it to Lin. Lin isn't even close.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_em1To4X8s[/youtube]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_em1To4X8s

You can see plenty more if you search "dragic passing" on youtube, search "lowry passing". The way I see Dragic is that he plays off of instinct and feeling when he drives into the paint, and just before as he does that he recognizes an opening, if he doesn't, he goes for the score. He's a pretty good 3pt shooter to so I don't see how you can justify signing Lin over either Dragic or Lowry, it all comes down to the China dollars.

6. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

About the same number as Dragic.

That free flow offense ended because the new coach turned the offense into a Melo-Stoudimere focused offense and Lin became the 3rd option. And Lin wasn't bad at all. It was from them blowing out teams and Lin didn't need to play long minutes.

You are a hater. Even if Lin does well, you'll find something about him to hate.

7. jose

jose Member

Thanks Dei. Looks like we're in the minority here. I don't think Lin is a joke by the way, I just don't think he's an NBA starter, he can be a good off the bench player for scoring sparks or something.

By the way obviously the thread was made off of emotional reaction which is nothing new on GARM.

8. MKL

MKL Member

My eye test from watching the game just now say Dragic sucked. He needed Telfair to cover for his lack of PG skills.

I don't need youtube to tell me this... my all seeing eye knows all.

Also, I trust Morey.

9. jose

jose Member

I'm a hater of the signing, not Lin himself, he hasn't done anything well this season except a few games. Like I said if Lin were the best option out there I wouldn't even be commenting on it, but you let go not only just ONE, but TWO better PGs at their position. Morey thought both of them were better prior to linsanity too.

Dragic had huge scoring explosions off of the bench in the playoffs long before Lin was even known of. Only reason why he wasn't starting was cause Nash was there.

10. jose

jose Member

Nice, one game, against the best team, over a way larger sample size that proves both Dragic and Lowry are both way better. I don't know why you guys are focusing on Dragic when it's not only him that I thought was better, Lowry too.

11. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Lowry can never stay healthy. His contract is bullocks!!!

12. Dei

Dei Member

lol I said it in the context that he was supposed to be as good as people were making him out to be during Linsanity or, "at least," as good as Lowry and Dragic.

I think I share the same sentiments as you when it comes to Lin's valuation - being that he's not good enough to be a starter. You say it more tamely.

I don't think we're in the minority or, at least, an overwhelming minority. There are just many rabid Lin fans.

13. MKL

MKL Member

Still, why was Telfair playing PG and Dragic SG in the last 2 minute? Answer this now?

Obviously, Dragic is better than Lowry. We agree, because natural progression of the roster last season. Everyone knows Lowry is heroball champion without a heroball league.

In summary: you hate Lin and love Dragic or anyone not named Lin. I get it, that's what my eye test tells me.

14. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Dude what is it that you don't get? Lowry and Dragic didn't want to be here. When it was obvious a deal couldn't be reached with Dragic Morey went after Lin and had no expectation of getting him figuring Knicks would match. TD would have been the starting PG for this team.

You say Lin has only had a few good games this year. You realize we've o my played 9 games right?

Lin was averaging 16 and 6 under Woodson, nearly identical to what Dragic is doing right now.

15. MKL

MKL Member

The longer Lowry stays hurt, the larger his legend grows.

You can't kill and idea.

16. jose

jose Member

You misunderstood, I'm saying Lowry> Lin and Dragic > Lin.

I think Dragic and Lowry are pretty comparable depending on what your team needs, Dragic is much quicker scorer and better overall offensively, Lowry plays slower and is potentially an elite defender. Lin isn't either of these thus far.

And Second_Cousin the problem is that if the Rockets really wanted to work it out with Lowry, they could have, with Dragic all Dragic wanted was another year and I think 500k, Dragic was more than proven at that point and would have flourished with Harden and Asik. Nothing against Lin but Morey went for hype over production.

17. MKL

MKL Member

I'm glad you admit to being a Lin hater. I'm proud of you son.

18. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Guys! Guys! Guys!

Kyle Lowry is a free agent after next season. If he doesn't resign with Toronto, the Rockets could go after him. But that means trading Jeremy Lin....pick your poison.

19. Dei

Dei Member

Feed me more hate.

20. jose

jose Member

No I'm actually not a Lin hater, I'm a hater of the fact that two superior players were thrown in the dustbin for a more marketable player, and not the better one on the court.

I haven't posted anything about Lin until I saw enough games to judge, he is just turning into his GS form, even the stats are comparable. Benefited only from system, confidence, and his 15 minutes. That's over.

I should post me with my Yao jersey so you start playing more of a victim and cry racism about it too. Lin's a fraud compared to his status and it's not his fault. But I want the Rockets to succeed and Lin is not part of this equation if he's gonna be a starter. A sane Delonte West at best would make me happy enough at this point.