1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. jose

jose Member

Phoenix also doesn't have a roster as good as the Rockets. He has Gortat(solid ass player) and Beasley(who has meager averages compared to what his potential should be). And congrats, he struggled against the best team in the NBA, probably the best defensive team too.

I'm not a Dragic homer, I wanted Lowry more too, I'm simply saying that when you have two PGs that are clearly better than the 3rd option, pay them. Don't worry about that extra year or 500k or whatever, because the team will be better. It's NOT about Lin, it's the fact that Morey signed the worst option just based off of hype!

2. MKL

MKL Member

Also, the legend of Lowry grows bigger the longer he stays hurt. Lowry will be league MVP and All-Star if he stays hurt while Raptors being the worst team in the NBA with no cap space and no picks.

3. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

No credits to Lin's assists, overall defense, steals, rebounds, and blocks?

Okay..I got ya.. you meant Lin has to either score 20+ pts or dish out around 10 times per game to be being called "WORTHY".

S.A.S., is that you?

4. Dei

Dei Member

My sentiments exactly but very well put. I admire your eloquence.

1 person likes this.
  5. jose

jose Member

I am pretty sure there is hardly any rational people in this thread, in fact every 9 out of 10 people arguing against my point have a join date after the Rockets signed Lin. I'm sure not all of them did it purely cause of that but I'm positive most of them did.

Here's the difference: I root for the Rockets. You root for Lin.

You guys are worse than Yao fans, at least Yao deserved praise.

6. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

FIXED.

7. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I have been rooting for Rockets since 2002 so you'd better STFU.

8. Gil

Gil Member

Stop being so damn sensitive. It's not as if Lin reads this board anyway.

Speaking of Lin, i caught parts of the Chicago- LA game & even Blake Griffin looks like he's developed a consistent jumper in the offseason lol. What the hell was Lin spending his free time in the summer on?

Oh that's right he was in Asia promoting his brand. Have a feeling that China tour will be one of the biggest regrets in his NBA career.

He can rebound, pass, defend, but he failed to improve on his two major weaknesses in the summer (handle and shot). I'm starting to think Lin really isn't this gym rat his fans seem to think he is & relied on his size & athleticism way too much before the NBA.

1 person likes this.
  9. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Fair comment. This might be true.

10. jose

jose Member

I'm not responding to anyone who resorts to attacks instead of logical argument. Calling me S.A.S is laughable though since he has admitted he is typically biased for blacks(at least he's honest however), and said that he has no problem with whites being biased for whites, or asians being biased for asians. I still see S.A.S supporting white guys over black guys occasionally, but he defends players like Vick to no tomorrow.

That is pretty much everything wrong with this world. I can't say this enough, both Dragic and Lowry>>>Lin and you can't argue otherwise, using stats, just watching them, or what they've accomplished thus far. Try it, you can't.

11. MKL

MKL Member

Well, Dragic definitely doesn't count as a star. I agree with you there.

However, both Suns and Rockets have the very similar Salary this year. You can't say that Rockets are a better team based on talent. Unless you give in that Morey is better at evaluating talent, but he took Lin in the end.

Anyway, most basketball fans will tell you that there is very little that separate Lin from Dragic talent wise and their Salaries show that as well. However, Linsanity is more exciting and sells more tickets. Because historically, Lin's best stretch of games is still better than Dragic's best.

12. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I have no problem with what you said - if you don't think Lin is good based on his body of work as a rocket, that's fair - but don't bring tebow into the discussion. He is horrible... Not a qb. It would be equivalent to having ASik as a pg.

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Sorry but it's stupid to assume that just because a poster has a join date of July 2012 or after automatically means they're LOFs or only recently got into the Rockets. I've been lurking around for awhile now and joined for Jeremy Lamb. Unfortunately he got traded less than 12 hours later.

14. lfw

lfw Rookie

I personally believe that Lin did basketball drills but didn't play any real competitive basketball this summer and took it easy on his knee after surgery. Real basketball started at training camp and he is still trying to find his game. Just my opinion. It's just only been 9 games. I like to give players more time than that before I form an opinion.

15. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

But calling someone a Joke is unfair when somebody else is even doing sth worse with big fame.

Rubio had been shooting like a bust but I guess his fans in MIN wouldn't call him "A JOKE".

16. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Good post. Lin is actually a lot more athletic than people think. It's due to people still not used to an Asian point guard and his athleticism is very "sloppy". He's not gonna have the D-Rose quickness or crisp crossovers, but anyone who actually watched him last year, he was always a streaky shooter, and his athleticism enabled him to split defenses and get to the rim at will.

17. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

They will dump a potential youth by one air-ball, you know. I think they better be the GMs of these NBA teams. I wish them luck.

18. Dei

Dei Member

I'm willing to bet majority are Lin-fans. Most of the 2012ers are arguing for Lin.

19. jose

jose Member

Dragic is a much better PNR player as is quicker under the basket, he can cut through people in tight spaces for quick buckets. Lin simply goes for the open lane or chucks 3s. I'm fine with Lin's passing but he is just so out of sync. By the way Dragic didn't get any big contract until he proved his game, Lin started how many games? And Lin was bad once D'antoni resigned and the free flow offense ended.

Lowry is potentially an elite defender with a solid offensive game, doesn't play as quick as Lin or Dragic but definitely more efficient throughout his career.

Lin is much better as a 6th man but I doubt the FO will recognize this in time and keep forcing him to start games. Lin's ego is probably inflated at this point too.

20. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

This. Dragic leads his team in scoring, but they are 3 games under 500. Dragic can't make his teammates better. Gortat, one of the best big guys in the league, only had 4 points tonight.

Dragic looks for his own shots first and then for others later on. That is not how a true PG plays. Lin sets up Asik. You saw it last night when he sucked the defense in and then dished it to Asik for an open dunk. When you get a player involved in the offense, they tend to also put effort on the defensive side. Asik and Gortat have the same scoring averages even though Gortat is a much better individual scorer.

I watched parts of the Suns-Heat game and every player just tries to do their own thing. Dragic should be setting them up. Instead, he just passes to them in the open and then gets out of the way for them to take their man 1-on-1 like MJ. No wonder the Suns are 3 games below 500.