1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. zdrav

zdrav Member

25 game sample = Fluke

8 game sample = Incontrovertible proof

Your agenda is showing.

2. Dei

Dei Member

Conjecture bull****.

3. zdrav

zdrav Member

No, it's called logic.

No coach would tolerate a starting player who refuses to play his best game, unless the coach wants him to do so for whatever reason.

4. lfw

lfw Rookie

Don't you find it strange that Lin still has the green light to shot 3's even though he is shooting them poorly? Or why 2Pat gets to chuck up 3 pointers?

Ever wonder how the Rockets score in the paint even though they have no low post threat on the team?

5. torocan

torocan Member

From Synergy Sports....

Harden
    Total : 218
    Isolation : 53
    P&R Handler : 73
    Post-up : 3
    Spot Up : 19
    Off Screen : 8
    Cut : 6
    Offensive Rebound : 4
    Transition : 39
    All other plays : 8

Total Minutes : 318
    Offensive Plays per 10 mins : 6.85
    P&R plays per 10 mins : 2.29
    Percentage of plays that are Spot Up shooting : 8.7%

Lin
    Total : 112
    Isolation : 14
    P&R Ball Handler : 34
    Post up : 1
    Spot up : 36
    Off screen : 1
    Hand off : 1
    Cut : 2
    Offensive Rebound : 2
    Transition : 14
    All other plays : 7

Total Minutes : 276
    Offensive Plays per 10 minutes : 4.05
    P&R Plays per 10 minutes : 1.23
    Percentage of Plays that are Spot Up shooting : 32.14%

If that isn't by Coach preference, then it's one heck of a coincidence.

Additionally, in a recent post-practice interview, Kelvin Sampson said that he would start adding PnR plays for Lin soon. IE, They haven't gotten around to it yet.

I suspect it's because they were focussing on getting plays in place for Harden and Asik. This is not surprising with Harden being the #1 scorer, and needing Asik to develop an inside offensive presence.

Only time will tell if the current situation remains.

1 person likes this.
  6. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Well Sampson said in his last interview that as the season went on they would 'like' to try and create some PnR for Lin also, provided he can improve his left hand dribble.

i.e. Right now they aren't creating any PnR for him, because he 'can't go left.' If you collate all of Sampson's comments about Lin, they haven't really been a shining beacon of faith in Lin's attacking abilities. Things like, TD would be a better machup for Piston's back-up PG or how TD is better in transition than Lin.

It's pretty clear that the coaches want the offense run through Harden. I sincerely doubt that Lin came to the rockets with the ambition of passing the ball to someone else to playmake and going to stand in the corner.

You should maybe go back and watch the last few games and count the number of screens Harden gets vs the number that Lin gets, or indeed the opposing PGs get and it will be apparent just how much support, or lack thereof his main offensive threat is getting on this team.

7. seahawk

seahawk Member

How about asking Novak to be a PG?

8. just a word

just a word Member

This. So much this.

How can they NOT see what we're seeing? How can they NOT have the same stats everyone's posting on these forums? Hell how can they not have BETTER stats because Morey's their GM and he has a team of people hired to crunch these numbers full-time?

9. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

10. lfw

lfw Rookie

Where can I find these stats myself?

11. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

I don't know whether to be proud or disappointed. Let's hope his faith in the coaches is rewarded. As the stats Torocan has put up shows, he's hardly being put in the best position to succeed. And he can talk about everyone making sacrifices but it looks like he's the one who's having to make the most on the court.

And whatever he says about his shot, he's talking a good game but he looks utterly bereft of confidence on the court. I guess we'll see vs the Blazers tonight.

12. slickster

slickster Member

It is almost certainly misplaced.

13. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Kid is sacrificing his stats doing what the team wants him to do and gets bashed by the fans of the same team.

14. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I don't know .. Good interview but he still sounds unsure of himself. Lets hope he starts to figure stuff out starting with tonited game

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Synergy sports.com

16. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Sometimes I have to tell myself that maybe a lot of people who are fans (of any sport) are just kids or whatever. Because it looks like a lot of people just look at the most superficial aspect of the game, box score, and that's all that matters to them. Any kind of context or greater depth of analysis, they're not interested in. Which seems to be exaggerated where Lin is concerned for some reason.

17. lfw

lfw Rookie

Thanks! :grin:

18. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

For non-basketball purists, it is all about the eye test. Right now, he is not passing it by any stretch of the imagination with his woeful and often passive offensive play.

I think people who have seen closely what he did last year (mostly NYK fans) still cling to the hope that he will come back to form. Most of the Rockets fans probably heard about it and saw the highlights, but doubt they were into it as they were. They can't fathom the concept that this is a kid who came out of nowhere to resurrect a dead team.
    Conversely, I knew nothing about Lowery or Dragic - honestly, I don't know how much better they are or were.

Im still hopeful that he finds his niche and shows these "newcomers" and "skeptics" what he is all about. But he needs to pass the eye test first

19. Dei

Dei Member

No. Logic has proof.

Another conjecture.

lrn2argue

20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I wish Lin had the green light to iso or run pick and rolls.