1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. lfw

lfw Rookie

Felton has good games before. Woodson is still using a lot of D'Antoni's PNR sets and Felton is a good PNR PG. Felton is what he is at this point. Lin has potential upside. Let's wait and see what happens.

2. FearTheBeardJH

They got rid of Lin? I thought he went behind their back and sign with Rockets and Knicks said they will match in and he told that to Rockets so they went to 15M third year in poison pill contract.

Knicks would be 3-3 at best with Lin instead of Felton.

3. GTRockets

GTRockets Member

Lin isn't even being used that much. He is playing well on defense. If he was being used more his number would increase. I really do think he needs to be in charge of running the offense. It is unnecessary for harden to always have to start with the ball in the back court.

It has only been 8 games, so there is still alot of time for him to get out of this shooting slump.

Remember when nearly all of clutchfans were asking for Morris to be dealt away. Now look you guys drool over him.

4. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I freaking hate Dolan, Melo and jr smith. I heard Ernie grewuld was a dick to Lin when he let him go. I couldn't believe amare and even Tyson were bad mouthing him. I hate the ny media for bashing Lin as he was the one who manipulated the Knicks to let him go.

So I have been hoping this season was another disaster.. But they seem to be on a roll.

However I still believe in karma. The season is way too early. I just hope Linsanity rises one more time and shuts all of them up. I will hate admitting they were right..

5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Knicks are unstoppable now.

6. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I'm not gonna say that the Knicks would be been better with Lin because Felton is definitely playing well but really? Do you really think Lin went behind Knicks back to leave ny? Do u really believe the lie the freaking vindictive NYK has put out to protect themselves? Come on man. You don't have to respect lins game but don't bash on the kids character.

7. Gil

Gil Member

There really isn't that much of a difference between Felton and Lin talent wise.

Felton's just playing with a chip on his shoulder at the moment and wants to shut his critics up. Lin on the other hand is basically playing up to the "soft" Asian stereotype. Whining about his opponents going hard at him because of his ethnicity, shying away from open shots, trying his best not to step on Harden's toes etc etc

That type of mentality won't keep you in the League for long. Lets hope he eventually man's up because it's frustrating watching him at the moment.

8. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Anyone noticed that how good their offense set the screens for Felton???
    I doubt Felton will be as effective without Tyson's help.

Felton and Lin are in two completely different situations.
    Comparing them while ignoring this fact is dumb.

But still Lin need to find his shots asap. He's doing everything else pretty well except shooting, especially on defensive end.

9. torocan

torocan Member

Knicks played exceptionally well tonight, but part of that was getting hot at the right time. The Spurs definitely had their chances, they just went ice cold at the wrong time.

Even with 30s left they stole the ball and got 2 shots at open 3 pointers.

As for how far they get, we'll see how their bodies hold up playing hard Defense and offense for 82 games. Pops is legendary for his time management to keep his guys healthy... I have no idea if Woodson is that savvy.

Either way, I don't expect the Rockets to be in the Finals, so we can leave the Knicks talk to the Knicks boards. :grin:

10. kastuul

kastuul Member

Many Knicks fans here.

11. FearTheBeardJH

Nobody cares who you hate unless it's Utah.

Knicks would even match 40 million over 4 years which would be max. possible contract Lin could get, but they didn't not because they didn't want to spend money, but because he resigned new contract after Knicks said they will match.

12. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Yup. I'm glad u r calling him out. I actually didn't like him apologizing to Sampson after missing the three.,. He needs to develop a chip like Felton and be more assertive. He still has that d league, afraid to be cut, role player mentality that allows people like Sampson and patterson and harden to step all over him.
    To Put it harshly, he is acting like a little docile b****...

13. jclee

jclee Member

I live in the west coast, so I don't get any rockets game unless they're on national tv or nbatv, I see the highlights, and it looks like he basically became a SG rather than a PG. is it really a problem with Lin or the coaching style? Half the people are pointing to Lin and half are pointing to the coaching style. If he's a system guard like Nash, because of d'antonie, then why did the rockets sign him knowing that the current coaching staff doesn't run this way, especially with harden on board now.

14. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

GTFO .. I bet you believe 911 was an act by the us govt too. No need to argue with an idiot.

15. FearTheBeardJH

How? Didn't Lin make scrubs play well with Amare and Melo out? All of the sudden Tyson is some elite center, but he was completely ignored during Linsanity even though he was much more important than Lin in Linsanity streak.

16. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

It's both. Lins woeful shooting game is overshadowing his contributions on the defensive end and the coaching staff is not playing a style that is conducive to his game. It's a vicious cycle that serves to destroy lin's confidence and he seems to be regressing every game.

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Please take your Knicks discussion elsewhere, and don't come back when the Rockets are doing well.

Don't call us, we'll call you.

18. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

This is Lin discussion. If you don't like it GTFO.

19. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

That argument can be made for Iman Shumpert, who put the stomp on Jose Calderon to keep the game close and setup Lin's two clutch baskets. In the end, Tyson got his already with his $$$ and Defensive Player of the Year Award. Generally speaking, scoring and highlights is what people talk about which is probably why nobody mentioned Chandler or Jared Jeffries much.

20. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Lin has been playing stella defense. He's rebounding, blocking shots and limiting his turnovers. All these are big improvement from last year. And he's still making plays for his teammates.

His shots are not falling in the past few games. Not a big deal at this time. He's shown us he's capable of doing that. He'll snap out of the scoring slump. In the meantime, he'll continue to defend, rebound, block shots, and help his teammates in all other ways.