1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Lin needs to stop pump faking when he drives. If he just made a simple pull up jumpshot he would be much more effective.

2. Luca

Luca Member

Lol, thx for that. I remember this song now from suzanne vega.

3. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Lin is a real life NBA2K MyPlayer :p

4. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Jack take that out of your butt you're making everyone uncomfortable:grin:

5. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

I cringe every time Lin drives in.

6. hcw128

hcw128 Member

lin maybe be traded if he continues to suck

7. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

He's a golden pooper. We're keepin' him.

8. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

As I am watching the Knicks, especially Felton ripping it up against the spurs .. I can't help but think the Knicks made the right move getting rid of Lin. As of now, Felton is notches above Lin... Lin at best is a solid role player. Now I don't know when Lin will find his shot but I am not seeing any improvement on the offensive end .. Does it take this long to recover from injury? Does your shooting really disappear when u join a new team? Is Lin just a limited player who can only thrive in one type of offense? I'm hoping he starts to show something. .. Soon

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

63 pages? Wow.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Calm down people.

He's averaging 6.1 assists, 4.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals while playing good defense.

Scoring is the easiest thing to do in the NBA. That will come.

11. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Also saw the Knicks spurs game and can't believe the way the Knicks came back against the spurs and the way Felton played. He is playing linsanity level right now. Everyone who supported Lin over the summer and ridiculed the Knicks and calling James Dolan a fool... Well all of those people, the Lin fanbase, we are the fools. Those of who stuck by Lin, we're the joke!!!!

12. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Yep. The Knicks management must be patting themselves on their backs that they didn't match the deal.

13. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Morey apparently said today that he doesn't believe in changing coaching staff in the middle of the season( in response to getting mike brown getting fired). So what this means is that Lin has no choice but to adapt to the current style of play this year.

McHale/ Sampson are going nowhere. Lin will need to make corner threes and sharing the ball half the time with harden. Otherwise, he is going to have a year that is completely opposite of last year.

14. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

lol... look at all these Knicks fans... can't wait to come brag about Felton on a Lin thread.

Lin has moved on, so should you.

15. sidestep

sidestep Member

Keep in mind that Lin's scoring and assist production is at a usage rate that is lower than many backup PGs, including his own backup.
    This season, Lin's usage rate is 18.7; his usage rate last year was much much higher: 27.6.
    Once he has more usage, his production will rise.

20.3 Usage rate - Jerryd Bayless (backup PG), MEM
    19.7 Usage rate - Toney Douglas (backup PG), HOU
    19.5 Usage rate - Eric Maynor (backup PG), OKC
    19.3 Usage rate - Jose Calderon (backup PG),TOR
    18.9 Usage rate - Darius Morris (backup PG), LAL
    18.7 Usage rate - Jeremy Lin, HOU
    18.6 Usage rate - Rodrigue Beaubois (backup PG), DAL

#1255 sidestep, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  16. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

To which team and for who?

17. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

It all comes down to what have u done for me lately. U gotta give Felton credit for coming in with an agenda and getting it done. Is a matter of time before fans forget Lin as long as they keep winning.

I keep rooting for Knicks to fail because I just detest how Melo and Dolan got rid of Lin (karma, b****es) but barring injury, this team will go far. Poor Jeremy... He must feel like he is in he'll right now

18. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I don't think Morey will get rid of Lin this year... He doesn't look like the guy to make big changes especially given that he got rid of Lin before Linsanity last year. He will watch him play and when he realizes that Lin is not the player he thought he was, then he will move him.

This is a tough tough situation for Lin.. Having to prove himself yet again. They are so many skeptics about his skill .. I don't what he needs to do. Here's to hoping that lin will find the means persevere and prove the naysayers once again.

19. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

You and I think a lot alike. I absolutely detest the Knicks. I watch the Knicks only to root for their failure. So for me the start of this season has been doubly painful.

20. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Whether Lin wants or not, after what happened this season, people will naturally compare the two for the rest of the year. Felton has stepped up his game, Lin needs to as well.