1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm sure Jerry Lin tells good jokes.

2. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Anyone seen the new movie: 7 things I hate about you? It has Julia Stiles and Jeremy Lin in it.

3. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Lin needs to be paid 1-2 million max per season, then he would not be a joke.

right now with a 15 mil payment coming, he's most definitely a joke.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He can retire pretty much after next season, which would be wise of him..

5. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

1-2 mil lol.

BTW I never got to respond to you because the thread closed, but look at the post above me and that will give you only a slight glimpse of how he's disrespected as a player on here. You can criticize his game and say he's not that good (I would agree with you), but when ppl start saying things like he should retire, I'd rather have a washing machine, etc. Then it starts to really go downhill

6. adobo

adobo Member

Lin gets a lot of flak in this forum...yes he is overpaid next season for this team, but I really do think his got a very high potential and could explode again.....

I wtched enough basketball to know who is a good and bad player....and I say his a very good player (potential to be an all star). Just need some mental conditioning (which is his biggest problem).

7. Breaker

Breaker Member

That sucks that we still don't have an Asian players that's good in the NBA atm

8. timyeung

timyeung Member

That sucks that CFs is full of bigots.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't get why people think Lin is this horrible player. He's not, just mediocre. He is just wildly inconsistent with very questionable decision making abilities. Even with that said, he is still a legitimate starter at PG for a few teams provided they are willing to take a gamble on him with his huge price tag.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

IMO, if we really wanted to make a joke thread, it has got to be about Casspi. That guy is just straight up garbage.

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I agree with him being mediocre. He's a decent bench guy and a bottom of the barrel starter. I don't want him on the rockets at all though. Even if he was willing to take a cheap contract the mental mistakes are far too many for my liking. A bench guy shouldn't lose you games and Lin does that.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Mediocre at best and I think that is being generous. He is not amongst the top 25-30 point guards in this league and we even have reserve PG's like Reggie Jackson, Kirk Hinrich, Darren Collison who are better than him while other reserves like Grevis Vasquez, Patty Mills etc. can make a strong case as being on par with Lin

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Clutch should start banning people for using this.

Calling people bigots because they say something you don't like it is reserved for MSNBC and has no place on bbs.clutchfans.net

14. King1

Add Jarrett Jack to that list as well

15. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Agreed Lin is in the bottom third of starting PGs. I would agree Reggie Jackson is better and maybe Collison but idk about the rest. I would put him on par with Brandon Knight, Brandon Jennings, and Kemba Walker of last year (can fill it up on a bad team).

16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Not based on last year's play

17. Remii

Remii Member

On par with Kemba Walker :confused: You must be joking.

18. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol I meant Kemba from 2 yrs ago. Kemba's obviously way better now.

19. King1

Jack was pretty bad but the Cleveland offense (or lack thereof) was a mess so I gave him a mulligan.

20. King1

I'd rather have Knight and certainly Walker (that's not even close). Knight showed some promise last year and is a very good on ball defender. You have to remember he came out of Kentucky as a Freshman so he's still really young. Brandon Jennings is awful