1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. archinkent

archinkent Member

It's still there. Just with a different title.

2. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

you don't think he performed up to the 5 mill a year salary the last 2 years?? Competent starter first year, competent 6th man 2nd year, 5 years sounds at worse right on target for the value.

If you want to say he's not worth 15 mill this year then we're in agreement, but at the very least, 2 out of 3 years he's lived up to the contract. If he's not good why is it so hard for the Rockets to find another option off the bench?

Get ready haters, when Melo chooses to play somewhere other in Houston, Lin ain't going nowhere cause they know they need him until they can find someone else, which shouldnt be that hard if he's as bad as you make him out to be.

3. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

The relationship between Rockets and Lin has deteriorated, and I don't want to blame it on either side. Forget about Lin actually making an overall positive contribution to the Rockets - it's sad that most posters here don't feel he does. Regardless of getting Melo or not, I wish Morey will ship him out only so we don't have to see any more hate posts. I'd be perfectly fine if it also means attaching DMo and a second round pick to get it done.

4. conquistador#11

Agreed. I also understand why people hate lin for his only fans. they can be very relentless. I used to get enraged when vince young only fans made appearances in the texans forum.

my thought has always been the same, if he shot more than 9 shots but less than 15, he'd put up nice numbers. But the erratic play will always be there, dr jekyll could never overcome hyde.

Also to consider, there is no way Lowry could score 18 points on very limited shots and sharing the pg duties. He never liked standing around watching dragic. It kills his role. And I'm almost certain that cf would react with "dammit lowry we're paying you 12 million and you only score 14.5 pts with 6 assists. Put your controller plus your tostitos chips down and do something!!!" **

**first year in toronto he only averaged NINE fgs and managed 12 points.

I don't know why it's difficult for people to accept that Harden unless he is not in the mood, is the Point guard. time for everyone to get on 'the same page' about that.

and as chandler's ego gets bigger he is going to want at least 3 more fga.

rondo would be the best fit, only requiring 4fga and dishing out 30ast per game. we should have done that trade mid season.

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

yea LIN on the team until December or February
    this is gonna be awesome
    Go LIN!
    LIN for president!

6. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Lol!! The funniest part about this thread is the poll. 10,000 + votes say no.

7. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Most people voted a long time ago. I didn't dislike him but I think he's overrated as a player by some obviously. Can explode for big games occasionally but so inconsistent and the boneheaded turnovers and mistakes. Thought he obviously should have stayed off of social media regarding his jersey. He knew he was unleashing his crazed, irrational fans. Rockets can probably get a better backup for less than $8.3m.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This thread is an all-timer.

9. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

OMG 470 pages about Jeremy Lin. Wow just wow

10. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

So many frustrations combined

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is NOT a joke, he is a solid guy, and a pretty decent basketball player, but some of his fans are really annoying with their whining.

DD

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Could not agree more.

13. highlander3128

Isn't it ridiculous when so many people didn't think the same way as you do?

14. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Lin is just playing for the wrong coach. Lin would do better playing for a coach like Scott Brooks. A coach that would let him do whatever the hell he wants.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dei needs to make a comeback.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At least when it comes to the BBS the counter to lofs are being more annoying.

17. highlander3128

Lohs ruined this forum. who is really a joke.

18. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I don't mind your counter.

But why bump this foolish knee jerk thread?

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Keep Lin alive!

20. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Jeremy Lin seems like a great guy.
    Jeremy Lin is an inconsistent basketball player.
    Jeremy Lin is overrated.
    Jeremy Lin makes too much money for his skill level.
    Jeremy Lin seems like a great guy.