1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. TheJet

TheJet Member

It's only high risk because of the time left on the clock. Lin makes that probably 90% of the time, but what if he's fouled with no call? What if he missed? What if he gets stripped? There are always things that can turn a sure thing into a miss. And with the time factor that's magnified tenfold. If this was a bet in Vegas, the smart money is on running the clock, at least a little.

2. TheJet

TheJet Member

It reminds me of that scene in Major League, "Nice ***ing catch Hayes, don't ever do it again."

-Lou Brown.

3. dznutz

dznutz Member

had howard helped him up he would've lobbed it and be the hero of game 3

4. dznutz

dznutz Member

can't blame a guy for being aggressive. if he made it then it's a spectacular play. but i do agree, in this case he should've pulled out and milk the clock or at least hit chandler to either hold on to the ball or shoot the wide open 3

5. Fighton

Fighton Member

So you're telling me that if Portland have you the lane and say here I'll give you 2 points and I get the ball back, you would say "nah is rather run the clock down and shoot a low percentage shot"? Because that's basically what happened.

This is exactly like that Portland layup in game 2 when we had a defensive breakdown and they scored an easy layup on the other end. They didn't hold the ball even though they had a 4 pt lead and 35 sec left. Was that a bad decision on their end?

6. Fighton

Fighton Member

Sorry bunch of typos... "Gave you the lane"...

7. theangrycanary

lin got to the basket.

it was the right decision. just horrible execution.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

It can backfire and it has. Similarly, going for an early shot can work. I would like to think we would've won in regulation if Lin made the layup. But again, I'm a fan of playing the percentages. Lin's decision goes against that.

9. Razsan

Razsan Member

Nicely said...I'll also add that this is more akin to throwing an open short pass on 3rd down rather than a pass down field. If you catch the easy pass, first down and likely game over (or VERY difficult) You drop it or misfire and the clock stops. Lin misfired.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If that were what happened instead of what "basically" happened then sure. Bottom line the lane being available shouldn't even be a factor in this debate. When we got the ball we should have been aware that the best thing to do is milk the clock.

Lin chose to push the ball instead. I think once he had made the decision to push and saw the available lane, I think he did the right thing.

I just think at the time we got the ball, at that second, the safest and best play was to slow things down and milk the clock up 3 to where at the very worst the game is tied and we have the last shot.

11. neostars

neostars Member

Imagine the hate on Lin had we lost this game.
    Lin if you are reading better play it safe. Clutch doesnt need you be a hero. Leave it to harden and howard

12. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

I def see the point of milking clock in most scenario but it wasnt just any shot, but rather what was perceived as a gimme layup with plenty of time on the clock. Even if he had pulled up for open jumpshot, i would be more inclined to say it was dumb.

Another thing, the rockets are not exactly known for being defensive juggernaut. Again using your football analogy, if you are giving back the ball to the seattle seahawks d, or the great pittsburgh d/bears d from back in the day, sure you can be conservative and pull it back. The rockets are more kurt warner's rams, for better or worse, their best defense is their offense.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

That would be nice if Harden decided to show up in games 1 and 2 but nah.

15. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

...for some odd reason, many seem to be more obsessed with a mediocre PG off the bench who is basically on par (meeting expectations) so far in the playoffs rather than our #1 option who is struggling - quite odd

anyhow, let's hope Harden steps up in one or two games like Howard has - we really need both of them playing well!

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You're right. For some odd reason, LOF's are obsessed with Jeremy Lin. It's been that way for 3 years now!

17. archinkent

archinkent Member

Still using LOFs as an excuse? :rolleyes: LOFs have been irrelevant here since last year.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hoping more good than bad from Lin tonight.

We know he's inconsistent as long as it swings to the non sucking plays

19. jocar

jocar Member

You know he's bad when everyone up in here sighs with relief every time he dribbles the ball without doing something really dumb or turning it over. Most the people I'm watching with are constantly screaming to get him off the floor... and they're ALL asian guys and girls (racists!).

I'll bet his fanbase gets that same nauseous feeling knowing something bad is about to happen every time the ball touches his hands too! :grin:

Great guy though!

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

THIS GUY is a joke.