1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Got to give JLin props his huslte and grit was a major part of why we won this one especially in lite of his critical mistakes during the course of the game. I'm very disappointed with James Harden and Dwight Howard. Those guys have to realize that they need there teammates now more than ever. James is taking us back to the Steve Francis days with all this dribbling and Dwight is crying for fouls and James is too.
    These guys got to grow up quick just to win this series. I don't think this style of play can go on for long though and doesn't normally build into dynasty.

#9241 ballplayer, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  2. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

lol as ridiculous as that LOF's post was, your post is on the other extreme. Lin isn't a "scrub" -- he's aight, and you have to give credit where credit is due. His jumper and save of Harden's near TO, and slick pass to TD to win the game...got to give him props. To say a good player would have taken that in, with the defense in the paint like that? That's dumb...maybe if you said a good player would have seen Dwight for an easy alley oop in that situation instead of the TD 3...but we're just knit picking here...

And Lin losing his spot to Bev has less to do with talent and more to do with skillset. Bev brings the defensive energy and man on man dog-hounding that Lin doesn't, which is what our starting core needs given Lin and Harden's overlapping skillset. Lin's better off running the second unit (in theory).

There were a lot of things Lin did well last night, including that final play, and a lot of HORRIBLY STUPID things like the blown layup and late OT turnover, but to point out things that are just plain wrong or extreme on the other end doesn't make you more convincing, just more ignorant and seemingly just as biased as LOFs. LOHs, smh...

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm a huge Lin detractor. Huge. I don't want him here next year.

But I gotta give him credit for the hustle he brings and that hustle play to get the ball to Troy.

Credit where credit is due man. He's still a dummy overall when it comes to basketball decisions, but at least he did SOMETHING positive last night.

4. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Up 3 with 40 plus seconds left is not a lock to win it. Plus he was getting trapped by the sideline by Lillard.
    Partly thats his fault. He shouldn't have put himself in that position.

5. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

this is the absolute truth. Thanks for having the guts to say it.

6. archinkent

archinkent Member

You realise he is a LOF pretending to be a LOH, right? lol

7. zdrav

zdrav Member

How can you be disappointed with Dwight Howard? James Harden, I can see, but Dwight's been great this series. He's been good for about 25 points and 15 rbs at least in every game. He was also clutch in FTs in game 3.

Maybe you can blame him for missing a few FTs during the Hack phase of game 1. But Dwight's been excellent so far. So what if he can't carry the offensive load? That's not his style.

8. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

FWIW, before the Daniels' 3, Lin saw DH, but decided to pass it to Troy.

From Feigen's article:

“He got the ball and made a big-time shot,” Lin said. “I’m not sure I remember it. I’m kind of in a daze. I was coming through the middle. I saw Dwight (Howard). There were two guys on the weak side. One of them was Dwight and the other was Troy. I was actually going to throw it to Dwight. I tossed it out to Troy and he hit a big-time shot.”

9. Dementium

Dementium Member

You do realize you are agreeing with a troll right? A few days ago he was acting like an LOF.

10. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Lillard was standing in front of Dwight. No one was on Daniels. He could've thrown it up for a lob but Lillard had a chance to make an athletic play and block it. Daniels was the cleaner look. It worked out. The end. Next game.

11. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Good comment. You don't win playoff series without a willingness to take the initiative.

12. gambingo

gambingo Member

Lin redeemed himself in OT, so stop it with all the nonsense hate. I was surprise he could even hit those 2 fts after that what should have been a flagrant hit to the head.

13. zdrav

zdrav Member

Just saw the highlights and after Bev made the big unsung play to tip the final rebound to Daniels, the first person to bear hug him (Bev) was Lin.

14. Clarinetmonster

This thread is looking more like a joke every game.

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

so why are you here? maybe the mod should just ban you then.

16. New

Of course fans have better Bball IQ because we can always make the right decision after the fact . Pathetic

17. yummyhawtsauce

lol as long as Lin is here, this thread will forever be bumped :)

18. yummyhawtsauce

All fans are considered Undrafted. Given a chance, any of us could be Linsanity.

19. jocar

jocar Member

Whoa that's harsh man. It's all true, but you gotta put on kid gloves when you reality check the delusional. You gonna make em go postal

20. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

I see what you did there