1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Dementium

Dementium Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24etDfmzK1U

I don't have thread creating privileges so here is the link of Lin's highlights from the game. Posted it in game thread but will probably be lost there.

So yeah, I think he more than made up for that missed layup throughout the game.

Note: I did not make the video. Only posting the link.

2. Razsan

Razsan Member

Wonder if Harden's 22 missed shots mattered yesterday????
    He's missed 55 in 3 games now...but I digress, damn you Lin. :mad:

3. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

If Lin took your attitude to heart, game 3 would be lost - nice Rockets fan you are...

4. Razsan

Razsan Member

BTW - Gotta love JVG..He disses Lin on the attempted pass to Howard, says they should change the rule when Lin saves the play by calling a timeout on the floor and then is DEAD silent when he makes 2 nice drives to the hoop.

5. Razsan

Razsan Member

BTW 2 - Finished watching the game. How can you not be pumped up after we're down 4 and then reel off a 9-0 run to win the game!

6. beybey

beybey Member

why are we complaining?? Lin saved a turnover instead of committing one.
    Harden needs to buy him a burger.

7. 9495

9495 Member

You disgraced your username.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Because we shouldn't be in that position to begin with.

The Rox, had they merely played to some reasonable proportion of their Feb/Mar form, should be up 3 -0 or 2-1 now, not celebrating an OT win of a game tgey had in regulation after a desperate heave by our D league savior.

9. Razsan

Razsan Member

Sam...you're right but at this point the other option is down 3 and we're blaming everyone for the collapse. We won DESPITE another bad game from Parsons, Harden still shooting poorly, and end of game miscues, both on Offense and D. We're 1 game away from regaining HAC and Harden got some of his swagger back. I'll walk around today with good feelings instead of wondering who the next coach will be.

10. beybey

beybey Member

Even tho Lin missed the layup, we still had a shot but harden dribbled instead of calling a TO. Which could of ended it in regulation.

That was a mental mistake, Lin's was just a good shot missed.

11. steady

steady Member

OT Rockets' scores:

Lin : 2 free throws after being clothes lined hard by LM
    Lin: two point shot
    Harden: two point shot
    Daniels: 27-foot three point jumper (Jeremy Lin assists)
    Harden: 2 free throws

Yes, Lin shouldn't have gone for that layup with under a minute left in regulation.

But I am still wondering about his ability to come up big in OT. Cause if he was just a fraction of that good for the rest of the game...

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I rag on Lin as much as the next guy and mostly he deserves it but:
    1) that was a great scrappiness to get in there and fight for the ball in the end.
    2) he had great court awareness to find the only man (Daniels) open in the midst of the chaos (and they had good D on him)

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Rewatch the last 2:30 o the overtime when we were down 166 to 114. Jeremy hit a big pull up jumper. Had a rebound which fouled out Matthews, took confidently an outside shot that he missed and of course scrapped to get the ball to pass to Daniels. Lin came up big.

1 person likes this.
  14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Amazing we were able to overcome a 52 point deficit

15. TheJet

TheJet Member

I stopped trying to figure it out. Lin's highs and lows are killing my blood pressure. The highs are very, very good. The lows are mind boggling.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

thats why I'm so happy for him. Made a boneheaded play, by far the worst of all his errors this season, and man there's been a lot, but he stuck with it, showed great resilience and made plays to help the team win.

pressure doesn't build character, it reveals it, Harden despite his poor shooting looked so much more determined and focused this game, and Lin despite his errors kept pushing, and of course Daniels, the rookie demanding the ball in a tied playoffgame.

hnng.

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

When no one was looking we had LMA switch jerseys and he dropped 50.

18. TheJet

TheJet Member

Agree 100%. If a guy steps up and keep bringing it even when things aren't at their best (bad play, poor shooting) I have a hard time nit picking his errors. Sure, Lin and Harden both had mistakes. Lin could have been the hero if he had made that layup. It was a massive risk/reward move and he had guts to try it. And Daniels. Man. That kid is fearless. Great (lucky?) move keeping him in late instead of Jones.

19. jamphus

jamphus Member

It is as simple as that:
    Lin did not get much playing time.
    Even if he's on court, Harden still owned the ball and made his decisions.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Credit to Lin for the game winning hustle play. He didn't have his head down after being responsible for the game going to overtime in the first place.

However, he has a very very low Bball IQ and this becomes more apparent down the stretch in clutch time.

That stupid failed lay up when all we had to do was run some clock. Silly fouls, And then that stupid foul in game 1 when there was no need to foul.