1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Haharocket

Haharocket Member

Chandler parson miss a dunk and Howard waste a hook shot and harden turnover, lin mess up twice, took a hit to the face, and was lucky when Daniel made the shot. We won. Now let all go to bed.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Lin absolutely deserves a huge amount of credit for that play. Yes he may have been in the right place at the right time, but he still made the save and pass to an open Daniels. That was a great hustle play, but the game should never have gotten into OT.

3. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lin suffered a season-ending injury before the playoffs even began when he was with the Knicks.

Lin played a bad game 1 last year, but was pretty much injured beyond effectiveness afterwards.

This playoffs, Lin had a very good game 1, a forgettable game 2, and a pretty good game 2.

When he's been healthy, he's been a net positive for his team. Can he be better? Sure. But you should focus more on Parsons and even Harden before blaming Lin.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL hilarious.. yeah Lin was lucky. We are also lucky for the W.

5. dxdx

dxdx Member

Fair enough of you giving credit where credit is due.

At least be happy that we won, and Lin did effectively provide the winning pass. So chill out man.

6. archinkent

archinkent Member

[​IMG]

Watch this and how can you say Lin didn't hustle? At least give him some credit.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's really unfortunate that Lin fans are crapping all over Troy Daniel's big moment. How pathetic.

Comparing Lin's "hustle" to Beverley who's actually effective? (+/- of +9 tonight). Harden's dive for the ball to make Mo Williams fall down allowing Lin to easily corral the ball is what started the sequence but instead it's Lin "bailing him out". Hilarious.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am happy that we won. If you saw my posts in game thread, you can me posting "WE WON!!!!" immediately after the Harden FT's to ice the game. Just because I am happy however, does not mean I am satisfied with how the game went. We should not have gone into OT, especially in a desperation game.

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Exactly, it's all Lin's fault.

I mean, despite Harden missing nearly as many shots as the rest of the starters (22 to 26) it would have still been Lin's fault if the team lost because he missed a layup where he had a clear path to it :rolleyes:

10. Clarinetmonster

Lin showing a lot of heart and playing like a fearless leader, not afraid to take big shots/make big plays - those who have the ball more win clutch will also make more mistakes than the people without the ball - in clutch time this team is all about Harden Lin and Bev- and now Daniels! rightfully so - they all have the cojones to do it, win or fail. Love these guys - lots'o heart.

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Ummm... the blow layup was the EPITOME of a series of bad decisions.

1. He should have slowed down and run time off the clock, instead of breaking for the basket.

2. He could have shot a pulled up jumper, either from the perimeter or his preferred midrange.

3. He should have made that layup, considering penetration is his strong suit.

12. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

Then you must think Blazers was lucky for winning game 1.

I prefer to think that the better or harder-working team is winning each game (if I could ignore the lopsided zebra shenanigans).

13. krnxsnoopy

I still don't see how Lin's TO was worse than Harden's TO.

According to chenjy9, Lin's TO was one of the instances he almost lost us the game. So Harden almost lost us the game?

14. windwave

windwave Member

And why did Harden have to dive for the ball to make Mo Williams to start the sequence?

1 person likes this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The story with Lin has always, and will continue to remain the same.

Jeremy Lin can win games for you, and he can just as easily lose them for you. Tonight he did a good job at doing both at times, but ultimately, made 1/2 of the game-winning play to seal the deal.

Your team is better with him than without him, but you just don't want to rely on him for EVERYTHING, you need to be able to bench him if he's killing your team, and you need to put him in a lower pressure scoring/play-making role off the bench. That's pretty much the Jeremy Lin memo.

16. wapz

wapz Member

lets just enjoy the win guys.
    PS: go lin! #underdog

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Lin played a horrible game.... but had some clutch plays in there.

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

And this question is relevant to this thread because??? They ran a PnR that Portland shut down so Harden had to make something out of nothing.

19. krnxsnoopy

I think the question was relevant to your original statement. Why don't you just answer the question?

20. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Beverley had a very good game, especially in the 1st and 3rd quarters and had a key rebound in the OT. I don't see crediting Beverley's performance and acknowledging Lin's contributions to the win as mutually exclusive.