1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

True stories.

I once met David Robinson in BestBuy and taught him how to select a good camcorder, and I also once met Yao's parent in an Asian supermarket and taught them how to cook a good soup for Yao.

Can I get a medal now?

2. Fighton

Fighton Member

LOL! you really think, a backup point guard, who plays 20-25min a game, is the MAIN reason we're not winning by 20-30 points. seriously. think about that for a minute. i wouldn't even expect harden or howard to be the main reason for us blowing out team by 20-30 points.

the expectations you have for an average player like lin is way out of whack. would you expect someone like jarrett jack, or even george hill, to be the MAIN reason those teams aren't winning by 20-30 points? be realistic here. whether you know it or not, but your expectations for lin are as out of whack as lin fanatics.

3. davidghall

davidghall Member

I have ZERO expectations for Lin. As I stated I've never liked his game. But when he's running the point, not getting the offense set, jumping and passing into turnovers, missing wide open threes, and missing layups, that's a huge negative. If we had a real PG that could run the 2nd unit, we'd be a lot better off.

4. likestohypeguy

There's a version of this with all three having the same expression. I'm going to need to see that again.

5. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Why can some of us cut the guy some slack? Based on limited info., he is playing through his injury (back).

While he is playing poorly recently, at least he is giving it all on the court. Looks like that he just doesn't have the physicality and healthy body right now to be aggressive and play his style of basketball.

This thread is so condescending and negative. I wish it could be closed. Last time I checked, he is still a member of Rockets. I started to believe that there are indeed some LOHs on CF.:mad:

1 person likes this.
  6. Fighton

Fighton Member

so you're saying he's NOT hurt? then what the hell is he doing with a heat pack on his back staying loose on an exercise bike in the MIDDLE of a game? sudden urge for saddle burn?

and really, friedman works for the rockets, so no, he's not going to all of sudden disclose the nature of any injury right after saying that teams do not like to disclose injuries. if lin is not hurt, he could've easily said "no he's fine, just going through a rough patch".

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Rockets fans simply want him to shut it down until he can play if it is truly only injuries causing his current funk. He is doing nothing but hurting the team every time he steps on the court currently. The problem is though, we don't believe his injury is entirely responsible for whatever issues Lin is having right now. Like I and some others have said multiple times already, a back injury does not cause a player to do some of the dumbass things Lin consistently does.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Is this going to be the longest thread ever? I bet so.

Go Lin! :)

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So Bev had a broken nose last night in the first half and what did he do?

Went back to the locker room and cry on a pillow?

He put a ****ty stick in his nose and sucked it up and played through the whole freaking game.

Did you see anyone making any excuses for his 1-8 shooting but awesome defense with that broken nose?

Stop embarrassing Lin.

1 person likes this.
  10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lmao..

11. BonziWellsGOAT

<strike>boobies</strike>

12. Fighton

Fighton Member

then why do you expect him to be the MAIN difference in us blowing out teams by 20-30 pts? that doesn't make any sense at all. but to each his own, i guess.

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. Fighton

Fighton Member

what does this have to with bev? no one is making excuses for him, but the fact is, he is injured, just like bev did break his nose. not sure why it bothers you so much to acknowledge that lin is playing through injury right now and it's effecting his game?

1 person likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His numbers so far this year are nearly exactly the same as his career numbers. Which tends to indicate that he's about average and isn't likely to improve a whole lot. Lin is Lin, what we see is what we get. That said, he's not this bad.

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Bright side guys, is that even if Lin never breaks out of his funk, he will only be around for one more season.

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

And so shall this thread. I hope he turns it around, because it's going to be crazy here.

18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I hope he turns it around too, but that's because I want the Rockets to win it all first and foremost. :grin:

19. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

He needs to stop jumping in the air before he knows what he's going to do with the ball.

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

This x infinite. There is injury save for brain injury that would cause a player to keep doing this. It has nothing to do with his back. That is just very low BBIQ.