1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Exel

Exel Member

You must have a short memory, because he had a positive rating in +/- for all the games in the five game road trip, in fact he had a 8 game positive streak since the Milwaukee game. But not like that means anything.

And as atrocious as you think his defense is, that's probably the only reason why he's getting any time on the court. He's still giving good effort and playing average defense for his part.

2. Dei

Dei Member

It really mostly doesn't. +/- depends on who you're up against, the guys you play with, and who's rolling at the time. That's why you barely see any vets use +/-.

3. davidghall

davidghall Member

Anyone that would defend Lins play over the last several games is in complete denial. I am not a Lin "hater," but I have never liked his game and I am in favor of benching ANYONE that is hurting the Rockets. Lin is the main reason we aren't winning games by 20-30 points each night. He's bringing nothing to the table. Give Canaan or Daniels a shot.

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I don't really use +/- as a stat to determime someones game, I was just trying to prove a point that a stat sheet isn't the only way to determine someones performance on the court. LOF's continuously try to use stats to prove their point but if you watch the game you can clearly see is he playing like SHlT. I probably should have specified that a little better but oh well.

The point is, Lin comes off the bench to be the focal point on offense. There is no reason why he shouldn't have better stats. Beverley is like the 5th option to score with the starters. Lin is the #1 or #2 option to score with the bench. He played really poor last night as well.

He is not an above avg defender either. He continuously goes under screens or gets picked off. He is too soft to play up tempo D like Beverley or Wall or CP3 for that matter.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Lin has been terrible, TERRIBLE! It's amazing how much his game has fallen. At the beginning of the season, he routinely can get past almost any single defender with ease. That was really his strongest strength. He can't get pass any guard or small forward today. I think if there are advance acceleration measurement available to us, it will show his first step acceleration has dropped off significantly.

And although he has his major drop-off since all-star, to me, he didn't look the same a long time ago... way back when Bev broke his hand. Ever since he played terrible, had some good games in between, but mostly pretty bad and now just completely stinking it up.

If I'm coach, I'll probably give Lin a few more games and if he doesn't show progress, got to try something else. Too bad we no longer have AB (that was an awesome trade, but dang, what a bad time for Lin to just start stinking it up).

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Oh please....

The only reason he is getting time on the court is because the coaches do not trust Canaan at this stage it seems and we have no other PG option. That and they are hoping he can play himself out of the slump and get better. Oh and I'm sure the bloated contract has to do with it. Put it this way, if Lin were making the league minimum and playing like this, he would be in the dog house guaranteed.

And his defense is OK. He stills gets blown by and doesn't have the lateral quickness to keep up with the speedy PG's

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Lin has been horrible alright, but really, he's not the main reason we aren't winning games by 20-30 pts each night. That's just gross exaggeration. You replace the current bad Lin with the good Lin from the beginning of the season and maybe you get at best +8 pts or so since all-star.

8. Clarinetmonster

HAHA!!! Not defending Lin's terrible but this is funny - he's still ranked higher in Defensive Impact than Bev! and his PIE is still higher - I'm surprised his PPG hasn't dropped more but I was never great at math. Bev really is the no stats allstar I guess - intangibles.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

For a bench role, contract has nothing to do with it. Well, I hope coaches don't think well, he's making this much money, can't just sit him even at the expense of the team. That would be a horrible way to coach.

10. Clarinetmonster

Fixed!

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

So are you clarinetmonster or rlivz?

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What is "defensive impact"? How is that measured?

13. solodolo

solodolo Member

[​IMG]

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Why does Lin play so bad, and he was very good at the beginning of the season? Too bad, God maybe be not his side right now, more church activities may be needed for him to have bit of relaxation. I heard that he is a big religious believer.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

16. Razsan

Razsan Member

I've watched just about every game and yes, Lin is slumping but this whole "It's CLEAR" is really a knee jerk response to a slump..one where it now seems player B has been playing hurt for some of it.

Pre-All star game numbers
    Bev .397 (.359 from 3) 9.6 pts, 2.7 assists, 4 rebounds 1.4 steals 1.1 TO's
    Lin .466 (.343 from 3) 13.3 pts, 4.5 assists, 2.6 rebounds, 1.0 steals 2.7 TO's
    That's 43 games for Lin and 35 for Bev.
    They've played exactly 8 games post ASG

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Funny... I didn't see this eagerness to defend PBev when he was playing with a hurt wrist. I just saw a bunch of LoF's "knee jerking" the other way, saying "See, look how much better Lin is than Beverley! He should be a starter!" Quid pro quo people... buck goes both ways. Truth is, the difference is as clear as day and seems to grow each game the 2 play. One is mentally tough and the other one plays like a p***y.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Even from the above numbers you provided, it clearly showed :

1. Lin is overall a better offensive player (in terms of scoring) than Bev.
    2. Lin's assist to TO ratio is pretty bad comparing to Bev's , 1.66 vs 2.45
    3. Bev's 3 pt is better than Lin.
    4. Bev's D is better than Lin.

If you will also check one more important fact - how Lin's stats dropped from Nov to March, you will understand this is hardly a knee jerk response.

Lin played his best ball in Nov, and after that?

He is getting worse every month.

And the last 8 games after the AS break, yes, he is a joke.

1 person likes this.
  19. davidghall

davidghall Member

If the ENTIRE bench was playing better, we'd be winning games by 20-30 points. Jeremy Lin is the MAIN reason...

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

No, get your facts straight, Friedman never confirmed directly that Lin was injured.

Every player will have some sort of lingering problems the whole season, and the team or coach will never publicly say that unless it will force them to sit the player without choice.

Stop finding excuses, even Lin will tell you the same.