1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

Was it food poisoning?

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dwight is helping the team win despite having a sore back, If Lin's back really is the cause of his poor play it is hurting the team.

Pretty big difference there bud.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He makes far too many brain dead passes for me to believe that he has good court vision.

4. novaman

novaman Member

point well taken. But it could be a case where McHale is simply asking Jeremy to tough it out and give him 15-20 minutes for the good of the team. After all, with Brooks gone the next option is Canaan, who is totally unproven.

None of us really know.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

There is a difference between being injured but still helping your team and being injured and hurting your team.

If Lin is playing injured, then he should rest, because his play on the court is not helping the team at all.

6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

At this point in time, you are just making up hypotheticals to try and defend Lin. The fact of it is that he has been playing like absolute ****. If it is because of injuries (which I highly doubt due to HOW he is playing bad), he needs to sit out until he won't hurt the team by stepping on the court. There are no if's or but's, just results. We are in win now mode and not "Play 100 What If's" with why Lin is playing like crap.

7. Franchize

Franchize Member

Jeremy Lin is in the wrong team. If he gets his own team just like Goran he'll be a star.

I feel bad for Jeremy

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Have you been drinking heavily today?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin has no more excuses.

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Lin looks like he checked out. What happened to the one from the beginning of the season?? If he keeps this up he should be thrown in the dog house.

11. jdhu

jdhu Member

Maybe it's splitting hairs, but as you say, his turnovers are generally the result of "brain dead" decisions. Maybe its a concentration issue (my guess is nerves and knowing that he is on a short leash), who knows. However, he makes some passes that I think he alone on the Rockets can make (some are no-lookish, some are just very clever passes to an open or cutting guy, that even on TV with the birds-eye view are hard to see).

I'm not really defending him, his play frustrates me too. I just hope he can gain confidence, because he could add a lot to the 2nd unit.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Honestly, I don't feel there are any passes that Lin can make that players like Parsons and Harden cannot make. Of course this is debatable, but I honestly don't see anything special about Lin and his recent brain dead play does nothing to help that. To me he is just another young average PG who can get hot for stretches.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Last night Jordan Hamilton looked like the best ball handler on the second team

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

He is so bad, both times he went in last night we saw our lead completely shrink.

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

One thing I do hope for is for JHam or TJones to officially break out. If that happens, we don't have to worry about whether or not Lin recovers. The downside currently is that Lin is our most proven scorer outside of Harden, Howard, and Parsons which is why his idiot antics on the court are so scrutinized. This is the guy that is suppose to be our 6th man and he plays like it is amateur hour.

16. yunac010

yunac010 Member

He's starting to become a spark off the bench... for the other team.

17. jdhu

jdhu Member

Yeah, and I do like Lin, so it's possible that I notice his "cool, bro!" passes more than others. However, I cannot remember seeing anyone else make such a pass. Anyway, doesn't excuse the turnovers, but I think Lin does have good vision, that is not being applied for whatever reason.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Ocean Trade ‏@oceantradewind 3h

@Jonathan_Feigen @jasonCFriedman @jennydialcreech #JeremyLin 's been injured for 2wks, you guys & gal didn't even say a single word, ????

Jason Friedman ‏@JasonCFriedman 2h

@oceantradewind teams go out of their way these days to keep injury info close to the vest for competitive advantage purposes.

Jason Friedman ‏@JasonCFriedman 2h

@oceantradewind That is the harsh reality of pro sports in North America these days. Same holds true in NFL, NHL, MLB, etc.

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

he might start on maybe 4-5 nba teams, the rest would bring him off the bench

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Another thing to keep in mind is fancy hey-look-at-that passes are not always smart passes. Smart passes are the correct passes to make given each defensive situation, not just one that simply worked. I think Lin use to be good at passing off the PnR, but I for one was never impressed by most of his no-look passes. Remember, John Stockton never made any fancy passes, at least not that I can recall. His was usually a straight forward pass or standard bounce pass, but he was considered arguably the best passer ever.