1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin belongs on the B-court at Gregory Gym.

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Come on. I know Lin is struggling, but he still plays in the NBA and was for a time a starter. Even the 15th guy on the roster is better than 90% of college players who are better than rec players etc.

4. eslate22

eslate22 Member

after watching last nights game, it is CLEAR that bev is better than lin by a country mile.... lin sucked it up against the back ups of MIA while bev drained 5 3s and played some incredible defense against the starters... god I hope lin gets traded in the offseason

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'd take Isaiah Taylor over Lin right now. At least Taylor can bring the ball up the floor without dribbling it off his foot.

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

I'll lol if Lin shows up anytime now.

With that said, you can't excuse how awful he has been lately.

No, I'm not hating. He is my favorite player on the team, but he needs to get it together if he wants to be in the Playoffs Final.

Him and Jones are the X factors in this team.

7. valorita

valorita Member

If you are defending Lin by comparing him to college and rec guys... that in itself is problematic.
    I am absolutely sure that Lin is not a top 500 bball guys in the world and thus has no business being a regular part of the rotation on a top 7 team in the NBA.

8. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I know Lin's been slumping hard the past couple weeks but this is just...lol

9. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

I guess some people just need to vomit their venom once ina while, Lin is doing them a favor.

10. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

What is LOL about it? There are at least 500 BB guys in the world much better than Lin is.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but when I see him at the scorers table I start to cringe.

He's the only one that can change that feeling in my gut, and I hope he starts to get his act together very soon.

12. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

I bet you are one of those 500 bb players

13. Samo

Samo Member

He has been fighting with back pain for two weeks now and he is trying to play through it. That's probably the main reason of his recent struggling. He kept it quietly. I think he doesn't want people think he is making excuses. Just give him a break please!

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Results are for winners and excuses are for Losers. What is Lin's legacy in the playoffs? He can change that this year he has a chance but right now he is living up to his current act.

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Fair enough. I think Lin is soft and extremely inconsistent. I really want to like the guy and I hope he proves me wrong. That said, I would really like to see your list of 500 people better than Lin at the game of basketball.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This post REALLY reminds me of that leave Brittany alone video...

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Any real Rocket fan wants Lin to succeed because they want the team to succeed. I want him to man up and start playing better as much as anyone. The way he has been playing though makes me really dislike him right now as I am sure other feel the same way.

Look at it like this: There are 450 players on NBA rosters as of now. At least half of those players are better than Lin the way he is playing right now. There are probably just as many overseas that are better than Lin. Not to include college players that are better than Lin also. It really isn't that hard to see that it isn't not out of the realm of possibilities. Especially the way Lin is playing right now.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If he is hurt, he needs to sit bc he's hurting the team.

People around me at TC literally moaned when he checked into the game in the second half.

He's arguably the most careless with the ball in the entire league. Almost all of his passes are near turnovers. Coaches know what's going on right now. Teams are pressing, trapping on him when he gets the ball. Dribbling off of his foot is unacceptable. Don't be fancy when you're sucking. I see this all the time. Right after a turnover, he's dribbling in between his legs with absolutely NO purpose. :mad:

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

he scored the most points out of all our bench. hes improving guys!!!

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

hopefully he gets his confidence back, he's playing like utter crap right now and it's cringeworthy to watch.

I just hope he heals up or whatever when playoffs come, because we need his offense off the bench