1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: Dream big, be yourself

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TTNN, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Rox7

Rox7 Member

I like Lin as a person, as a God's servant and as a basketball player.

2. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

You like Lin and hope he succeeds while he is:

full of himself
    a fake humble guy
    highly conceited, fame w****
    needs to STUP

wow, I admire you. You must be better than the one that's up and above.

3. khandero

khandero Member

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

-signed, guy who lives above you in your unit block

5. Fighton

Fighton Member

that was a pretty raw speech - kudos to him for having the courage to say in public what every single NBA player thinks in private. whether you're a nba player or not, you're ALWAYS living up to some sort of expectations, and it could be crippling when those expectations are sky high.

6. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Sooooo... haters run out of things so say about Lin's game or something?

7. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Although a Championship is considered to be the Ultimate Challenge in sports, a Spiritual Foundation is the Ultimate Challenge in the game of Life because the Well Being of Humanity, Animals, etc. will always have Greater Significance than one's own personal interests. A True Champion Understands and Applies this Principle :)

#67 djperm, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  8. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Did you even follow the events preceding last season? If Harden didn't land in Morey's lap a few days before start of the regular season, that'd indeed be the situation. And for your information, Lin was signed way before Harden so what they told him when they got him signed over from Knicks was true to their best knowledge.

Quit being cynical when you got no earthly clue about shtuff and go back to your closet so that your words won't contaminate the rest of the world.

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

is he saying it deserves its own thread? :confused: i don't get it. why is he yelling?

He didn't even want the crew to make the Linsanity movie/documentary in the first place.
    If the agent ask you to go to tours, are you just going to be an ******* athlete and say no? Are you going to say "**** you" to the fans and just go party or practice? Other athletes go to tours all the time. Are they conceited athletes too?
    He made youtube because it was during the lockout and he had nothing to do. Spending time in the gym 24/7 gotta be boring at some point. He made one video on youtube with kevjumba. So the fans asked for more.

So you're saying he should just neglect the fans and don't give a crap about them? Is he releasing videos every week or every months? NO he did it because fans asked for it.

This boards has a lot of quality posters but you're not one of them. Your hate comments are just trash that most of us read to get to the quality posts.

10. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Can't argue with Morey's in-depth response to a question about possibly demoting Jeremy Lin to a back-up role …
    http://nba.si.com/2013/08/16/daryl-morey-jeremy-lin-reddit-ama-houston-rockets-andrew-bynum-kevin-garnett/

1 person likes this.
  11. landryfans

landryfans Member

WHY ISNT THIS GUY BANNED? Clutch?

12. rj3000

rj3000 Member

What did I say is factually wrong? I'm sure that is what they told him and that is what he thought at the time and why he was disappointed. It is probably why Asik is also upset and wan't to be traded. I didn't say they had lied to him and secretly had Harden in their back pocket.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Does he mean it literally?

14. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

By Alex Groberman, Sun, August 18, 2013

It was only a matter of time before Daryl Morey agreed to do a Reddit AMA. Between his status as reigning champion of NBA stat geeks and being the current frontrunner as Guy Dwight Howard Will Lose It On At Some Point This Year, him sitting down and talking shop with basketball diehards was inevitable.

While Morey offered a lot of insight during his back-and-forth last week, the bit that stuck out the most was his defensiveness regarding Jeremy Lin’s inaugural campaign with the Houston Rockets. When pressed on the up-and-down nature of Lin’s year, the things that Morey didn’t say were almost as fascinating as the ones he did say.

First, let’s start with his actual defense of Lin’s play:

It is amazing to me that all the time I encounter people feeling negative about Jeremy's season with us. I have chalked this up to:
    -- he started off slow, mostly do to getting 100% back from injury
    -- very high, unrealistic expectations after his time in New York
    -- had a rough ending in the playoffs, again due to injury
    -- people generally remember starts & ends more than anything else
    -- people generally compare things to their expectations when forming opinions versus look at the big picture

Last year was Jeremy's 1st full year in the league. Essentially his rookie year. If last season would have been his rookie year and he never would have played in New York, right now people would be appropriately talking about him incessantly as one of the top young rookie stars in the league. He was the starting point guard on a playoff team in West at age 24!!! Don't get me started on this. Too late...

Now, most of that is true. Lin was coming off an injury. He was still dealing with mildly unrealistic Linsanity expectations stemming from his days with the Knicks. He was bogged down in the postseason. And fans absolutely compare situations to their expectations as opposed to looking at the big picture.

That being said, none of those things qualify as the biggest reason why some folks feel that Lin didn’t live up to the billing last season. (And note the word some in that sentence, because some people think he performed as well as he could’ve given the circumstances.) The biggest reason why Lin didn’t do what some thought he might last year is because he came into a situation completely unlike the one he was originally sold on.

When Lin was stolen from the Knicks, he came in with the expectation of being the guy in Houston’s backcourt. That obviously changed when James Harden was eventually traded to the Rockets. That, more than injuries and standard rookie-who-isn’t-actually-a-rookie growing pains, was the cause of a lot of Lin-related disappointment last year. He was essentially forced to completely change around his game to mesh with Harden on very, very little notice.

Lin is not a rookie. The idea that someone who never previously started and suddenly gets a chance to start is a rookie makes no sense. Rookies don’t get three-year, $25 million deals.

Here’s to hoping that Morey was just covering for his head coach’s inability to put Lin in a position to be successful, and not honestly buying into the idea that the only thing that held the 24-year-old back last year was inexperience and injuries.

15. jocar

jocar Member

Hmmm, not sure if you're trolling or if you're seriously portraying him as Jesus now

[​IMG]

16. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

In Christianity we're supposed to forgive one another. It's not something that only Jesus can do...

17. jocar

jocar Member

I am a Christian, and they way he said that didn't feel right with me. If he would've said "Christians forgive" instead of "Jeremy forgives" I woulda had no problem with it. Comprende, or are you just trying to defend anything and everything Lin?

18. jocar

jocar Member

Go walk around with a sign that says "Jeremy forgives" on it and see how other normal people react to you.

[​IMG]

19. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

I suppose you meant you forgive and so does JL?

20. MichaelG281713

Lin's biggest downfall is his following. They don't allow criticism of any kind, whatsoever.

If they could find that middle ground, and understand all players get criticized, the whole LOF vs. LOH war would be greatly diminished.

As far as the videos, I don't mind them. I prefer these type of Lin threads as opposed to the mass amount of completely irrelevant ones.