1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: Dream big, be yourself

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TTNN, Aug 18, 2013.

1. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I totally expected ESPN to take the video and re-word it into something like Lin feeling sorry for himself and thinks he deserve more.

What d'ya know :rolleyes:

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

LOL, the peoples comments on there are so ridiculous, even people from the Houston area commenting on that article seem left in the dark on ESPNs website.

3. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Or some random guy on the Internet found eternal anger because a basketball player is Christian and talks about his faith.

4. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

The prophet speaks! Looking forward to your predictions this new season deAleck!

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

ESPN of course is going with a headline that is most likely to get clicks. No suprise.

6. webattorney

webattorney Member

I am his fan, but he's not very smart if he believed he was being treated as a franchise player (or he was one) by Rockets. With all due respect to his potential, a franchise player is someone who proves it with his play through several years and playoffs. Lin hasn't even really played in any playoffs. I consider what he did during the Linsanity period as a good indication that he has the potential to be a good player in NBA, nothing more and nothing less. Also, he didn't play all that bad during the regular season (given Mac's system), although he was somewhat inconsistent. The way I see it, his ceiling is 17 points/8 assists per game average per game and his floor is 12 points/6 assists per game. People who say his TOs are too high fails to give him an offsetting credit for steals.

1 person likes this.
  7. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

Speaking about Osteen, I was just at the Summit.... er... Lakewood Church last sunday :D

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

goodness this guy is so dramatic. I liked and had a lot of respect for lin as a person, but this fame and everything is all going to his head. from what quote it's like he's saying he a victim.

9. TTNN

TTNN Member

I don't know whether he is smart to believed he was being treated as a franchise player or not, but do you still remember last year this time? With all these?

[​IMG]

This is how last year Rockets' opening night game ticket looks like. And the news on the day titled "The Houston Rockets Are Wasting No Time Cashing in on Jeremy Lin".

[​IMG]

This is the website image when they are selling season tickets.

And do you still remember this?

[​IMG]

And this?

[​IMG]

Anybody remembered last year when all the reporters asking Lin how he feels about being a franchise guy, how uncomfortable he was?

Of course Morey and McHale kept saying that they are not anticipate Jeremy become Linsanity again, but the Rocket marketing department is doing differently.

And it is just very convenient now people would take his word of "I'm expected to be a franchise guy" and equivalent to "Jeremy is day dreaming that he is the franchise guy, Rocket never treated him that way, or never thought that way, that is such a delusion."

I could ignore casual fans who don't know what happened in Houston last year before Harden came, but I just could not get it over with our own fans, so called Rocket only fans pretend to have such a short memory, and would accused Jeremy on that part.

Jeremy of course would expect he could do what his is capable of, he know his performance in NY is his capability, he trust himself to be able to bring to a team what he is capable of, be it Linsanity or not, be it franchise guy or role player, he trust himself that he could contribute to the team he is playing for. Last season, every time in the interview when he did not perform well, he said that he wasn't able to perform what he is capable of, that's what he is frustrated the most. He know he could do better but he didn't. It is not like he has such a big head that he is expecting himself to continue his 20 pt/9 assist stats.

Remember how frustrated he looks like after his 38pt game to SAS? Remember how happy he was after that +45 huge win against Utah? That game Jeremy's defense contributed a lot to the win, but he got only 12pt on the score board.

1 person likes this.
  10. Caris

Caris Member

a victim of?
    Jeremy learned his lesson already - the hard way. He struggled with his own wrong perception of success and had to readjust his thinking.

11. rokit

rokit Member

but why go through all that bs and suffering just so you can be happy one day (which you won't be, because there is always more money to be made, more rings to be won, more haters to be proven wrong) when you can just be happy right now by changing the way you think and being thankful for everything that you DO got!? then you can still go out there and work on your game if that's what you really like doing, but this time around you'll never fall into a trap of chasing these silly illusions that are only causing you unnecessary suffering.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

False advertising, look there's Royce White

13. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

Well played.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

he played in 1.5 games this year in the playoffs.

15. Fighton

Fighton Member

do people even bother doing a little reading nowadays?

dramatic? that's exactly what he was trying to do. he was telling a narrative that leads into his bigger point which ESPN totally missed. out of a 30min testimony you pick out a quote 7 minutes in and says it's gotten to his head? smh.

but you know what, if you need to take something out of context in order for things to fit into your opinion and view of the guy, go ahead. just don't act surprised when people call you an idiot.

16. TTNN

TTNN Member

well, that's how pathetic rocket was at that time. Jeremy Lamb was featured too. But you have to admit that Jeremy was featured more than Jeremy Lamb and White.

I'm not complaining about Rocket's marketing department, they have to do what they need to do, I just want to emphasis that these were real, and it happened, regardless how ridiculous it was, we could not deny that it happened, it is not imagination, and we should understand the circumstance at that time.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

They were marketing Lin yes.

What was ridiculous about it? The Rockets are in business, they need to sell tickets.

I don't really think Lin increased attendance that much at Toyota Center.

This is not the same as Miami getting LeBron James.

However, there's a huge buzz for Dwight Howard, they brought out all the Rocket greats for him.

18. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Lol you've completely missed the point of his speech....

19. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I can agree to a great deal of what you are saying, but that is philosophy. Everyone has their own philosophies, and it comes down to finding a balance between your desire and reality for happiness.

But enforcing your philosophy on others is creating exactly what you are against: agony and hatred.

For consulting on this matter further, please refer to my zen master:

[​IMG]

:grin::grin::grin:

20. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

ESPN highlighted that in the article. so thats what the thousands will see, most people wont watch the 30 min clip.