1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin called up to the Biggest League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by acsorelle4, Jan 18, 2013.

1. cogitoergosum

cogitoergosum Member

2. Akim523

Akim523 Member

3. cogitoergosum

cogitoergosum Member

I need to get some tanning from Antares. Who wants to come?

4. L7N

L7N Member

I'm not trying at all, it's logic.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

It's called logical fallacy.

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Got my sun screens, I'm in.

7. L7N

L7N Member

OK just for giggles.

We live in the Milky Way a galaxy that contains our Solar System. The sun is one of 200 billion stars just in the Milky Way Galaxy alone. There are an currently estimated of over 100 billion galaxies in entire universe (and that's probably wrong). This is what we can actually see today. What we can't see is another variable. How many universes out there can not be predicted.

So if you are telling me that us, "earthlings" (in an alien voice, for effect), are on top of the "all universal matter" heap I have to lean towards, no. Actually a resounding no.

So in essence what you are saying we are the masters of the universe. Philosophically and spiritually an interesting notion (a possibility if we remove the physical concept), but if you talk about intelligence alone it's mathematically impossible.

For god sake, until the 17th century, we still believed the world was flat.

8. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

wtf are you talking about? Intelligent life or existence of Gods?

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Lol I know right, that guy must be high or something. Oh well, cant be bothered.

10. L7N

L7N Member

Yeah i'm high. I've already given you a science lecture, don't make me give you a history lecture on religion, which actually points towards science. Not going to waste my time. Go read a book.

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

You don't know what you are talking about. Ok, you are not high, you are just dumb.

Whatever you said in your previous posts are irrelevant, that wasnt my point nor do I have any interests in discussing it, I'm not a scientist, i'm simply an ordinary guy who tend to believe in things based on facts and evidences.

Now back to your post

No I did not say that. But the funny thing is, you mentioned you'd rather lean towards something else, why dont you tell me what that would be? Religion?

See, it's not that hard, you don't have to hide your position --- Ive gone through this kind of conversation too many times.

Question is, why would you? Because one has answer one has not? You clearly do not care enough to make your judgement based on what has been proven. You are still assuming things and going with your feeling, therefore "lean towards". I get it, that's what every theist pulls out in any kind of argument.

Furthermore, which religion do you lean towards? Which god(s) you have faith and why? Why Christianity? Why Islam? Why Buddhism? Why not Hinduism?

Because blah blah blah you'd rather lean towards another?

No, it's not how it works.

No, I did not say that. Not even remotely close. You made that up just like that made up space daddy, complete and utter bull****. Judging by your posts I'd like to break it up for you for better understanding. No, I do not think we are the master of the universe, let alone the term "universe" is limited to human understanding yet its unlimited by definition.

I dont know I dont know I dont know.

But that, and all those things we do not understand or no way of knowing, does not make your belief true by any way, shape or form. There's nothing to lean towards, its either evidence or GTFO.

And Bruno was burnt to death, I will give you a hint --- not by scientists.

#anothersatifiedcustomer

12. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

:confused: Religion is based on science?