1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin as a Santa Cruz Warrior on a Teacher Salary

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lnchan, Jan 19, 2021.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

****. I meant to type LOF and typo'd, the hell.

Not an LOH either. I think he's a decent player, and it's a shame he can't get a deal.

In the mix is the discussion of legitimate racism against asians or whatnot.

But truly the problem for me lies in the fandom who obsess over him. I don't mind him balling out if he can, I just find it ridiculous to deal w/ people who thinks he's comparable to MJ or Lebron.

clos4life likes this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

howbout both? hes not mj/lebron but at the same time not great nor young enough for a deal which does not have anything to do with race.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

this still a thing?@tinman

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin fans are losers

5. tinman

Supporting Member

There needs to be better Asian players like when Yao was here so you don’t have Non basketball fans like the Lin Fans cheer when he passes the ball to the wrong team or Jack up air balls and cries to Jesus

s3ts likes this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yes, I'd hope 100% of any casual NBA fan can agree he can't be put in any vicinity of MJ/Lebron. Unfortunately some of his fanbase is ****ing delusional.

I stand by him being a veteran backup somewhere, he deserves a deal on the bench. 32 is not that old.

At this point racism is at the bottom of what's important here. It should be. But not getting a deal is shameful and something has to give. I'm saying there might not be racism from teams -- but the fiasco that LOFs bring is enough for not wanting him on my team. And if everyone feels that way, Lin has become his own worst enemy because his fans are just straight garbage.

If there is racism that's contributing to this, that's ****ed up and it should be fixed asap.

7. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Lin can get in line behind IT, or is that racism too?

vlaurelio and tinman like this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

@peleincubus

9. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm fine w/ IT not needing to prove himself, get himself a deal for what he's already done. I'm fine w/ IT getting a deal before JLin. But you're missing the point.

Read the thread title, see what JLin has been doing to try to get back.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

How much cap space do the santa cruz warriors have? Can we trade them wall....?

Jontro likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I know he cries to a large christian audience and while asking them to pray for him to get million dollar contracts after playing badly.
    pray for Afghanistan to have peace or Lin to have a jump shot??

Actually Afghanistan is not hopeless.

[​IMG]

#411 tinman, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    Jontro likes this.
  12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Random fact I just discovered:

the creator of Perry Mason (the books inspired the 1957 series) was a 1909 graduate of Palo Alto High School, Lin’s Alma mater.

tinman and Jontro like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

may this thread never die.

500 pages lessgooooooo

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Palo Alto high school is right next to Stanford University

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Indeed…

tinman likes this.
  16. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Very mature title, no wonder the Europeans and others look down on the western hemisphere.

17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

The irony is that a lot of current Harden nut suckers are bashing Lin nut suckers...

18. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

So, what's the deal with him now? Is he back in china? I heard that the CBL plans to ban foreign player, which doesn't make sense in terms of quality.

19. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

By the way, I just watched (for the first time!) some clips from the Linsanity era in NY.

In short: he looked unstoppable, like an legitimate star. Made smart decisions in play-making AND his shots were falling, something that he was missing in Toronto and cost him his roster spot. A dynamic first step and ridiculous teardrops like Tony Parker etc.. And yes, he seldom went left :D

I think, when he tore his meniscus, it stole him of those few percents of athleticism that made the difference.
    BTW, injuries... it kept coming back to stop his momentum (Brooklyn!). Kind of deja vu for a Yao Ming-Fan, but unfortunately this is a risk that comes with the sport.

But to put their careers in a perspective:
    Just this weekend (second Matchday of the season) in the german Bundesliga, a young 17-year old Player, Sankoh from Stuttgart, made his first game in the Big Leagues. 4 Minutes after he was subbed in he collided with an opponent and suffered a heavy knee-injury and will miss the rest of the season (at least). Now that is a real bummer.

#419 GermanRakete, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes everyone who has highlight clips looks unstoppable
    @Jontro

Jontro likes this.