1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin as a Pekin Duck

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Aug 27, 2019.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Screw Lin man, where is the Rui Hachimura thread at?

tinman likes this.
  2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I think you need some reading comprehension classes. The article says that Lin overruled his agent. The "marketing consultant" (the CEO of Lin's marketing company, actually) just said that Lin was going to announce his signing with the CBA...and that the "marketing consultant" wanted to wait because she wanted him to talk with more teams. Specifically, she said "OK, wait, wait, wait, let’s have some conversations with teams first and let’s weigh out the options and see what’s going on"...but Lin just wanted to sign with the Ducks.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, mkay. So Lin's marketing consultant made the decision for where Lin would sign which means what exactly? Harvard, right.

4. yoeddy

I'll explain this one for you in detail, but i definitely suggest you sign up for those reading comprehension classes...

The article says:

"Jeremy Lin was ready to sign with the Beijing Ducks in July, his head of marketing has revealed in the latest episode of the YouTube documentary series “Never Done”.

Lin’s marketing CEO Patricia Sun said that Lin was going to post on Chinese video site Douyin to announce the decision.

“They called me mid-July and he was like ‘Let’s just do CBA. I’m gonna put this on Douyin.’ And I was just like ‘OK, wait, wait, wait, let’s have some conversations with teams first and let’s weigh out the options and see what’s going on.’”"

^^^ What this means is that Lin decided he wanted to play for the Ducks and told Patricia Sun (his marketing person) that he was going to post an announcement on the Chinese video site called Douyin. He said "Let's just do CBA. I'm gonna put this on Douyin." Sun responded with "OK, wait, wait, wait, let's have some conversations with teams first and let's weigh out the options and see what's going on." Obviously, as a marketing person, Sun wanted to explore options that would help her market Lin around the globe.

"Lin said that he was made offers from teams in Russia, Israel and the Euro League, which he was advised to consider."

^^^ This means that Lin had offers from teams in Russia, Israel and the Euro League, and he was advised to consider those offers. Apparently, Sun was one of the people who advised him to consider these options when she said "Ok, wait, wait, wait, let's have some conversations with teams first and let's weigh out the options and see what's going on".

"“My agent said if you really want to return to the NBA the best way is with these very good Euro League teams,” he said. But that was not the path he chose."

^^^ This means that Lin's agent advised Lin that going to the Euro League would get him back to the NBA sooner, but Lin decided that he wanted to play in the CBA. This means Lin made the decision, not his agent, and not Patricia Sun.

"Lin said that he had decided on the Ducks after the first meeting, before he even set off on his Asia Tour in the summer and arrived in China in September.

Shougang had been in contact before Lin left for tour. With the team president Qin Xiaowen living close to his parents’ home in California, Lin invited her over where they talked for two hours.

“As soon as I finished the meeting, I told my family this might be my team next season.”

“From that point on I really felt like it would be very hard for another team to offer me a better opportunity. We really felt like they did their homework.”"

^^^ This means that Lin decided to go with the Ducks and the CBA after the first meeting he had with them. Presumably, it meant that he decided without even considering the offers from the Russian, Israeli and Euro League teams. Patricia Sun did not make the decision, nor did his agent.

@CometsWin, I hope this clears things up for you. I can help you find some reading comprehension classes if you are open to it.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It was refreshing to watch a legit Asian basketball player in Rui last night after that trash Airemy trying to rep Asians lol.

VanityHalfBlack and tinman like this.
  6. SunsRocketsfan

I can't wait till the Jeremy Lin as a old man thread

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. yoeddy

Does Rui actually look Asian to you? I know he's half-Japanese, but imho watching him doesn't seem all that different from watching a lot of other black players...

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol Lin fans doesn’t like kids who have real talent
    And are humble and not full of themselves

9. tinman

Supporting Member

The LOF doesn’t think he’s rich, selfish and insecure Palo Alto Asian enough to worship like a god

10. tinman

Supporting Member

He hasn’t hit rock bottom where he feels entitled to at least a 5 million dollar a year deal in the nba or he will jet to China

he hasn’t announced his rock bottom situation to a mega church and social media

Lin fans don’t identify with him cause he was raised entitled and whiny and hiding behind Jesus whenever something goes wrong

he’s a genuine kid

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Luvs Japan more than Benin, this is the case where he grew up in the more developed East and where the mother had more influence on him.
    Ultimately he clearly got his bball genes from the Dad's side.

Looks more like an African player on the court tbh.

yoeddy likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Try watching their basketball play instead of the color of their skin and you wont have the problem you are having.

JayGoogle and tinman like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Right?

Yi was plenty athletic, his problem in the NBA was that he didn't have the skills to go along with his athleticism. He was drafted on his athleticism though with the hopes that he could become a better handler and dribbler and it just never happened.

15. yoeddy

I do watch basketball...had no idea Rui was part Asian until you brought it up.

riko likes this.
  16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

[​IMG]

King1, Zboy and tinman like this.
  17. yoeddy

[​IMG]

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This belongs in the K-Pop thread.

Zboy and heypartner like this.