1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

Well there is a hell of world out there, full of Kobe haters, Lebron haters, melo Haters

Can you image how many Yao haters in China, this is not a fairyland, there are Lin haters! we dont even have to bring out the race card.

Sports are all about love, hate, enthusiasm, craziness and irrationality.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD is right, there is no such thing as LOH on Clutchfans.

We as a community of all races and nationalities welcomed him and unfortunately his stupid fans too

immediately his stupid fans called Rockets fans racist completely forgetting that this the organization with the greatest Asian NBA player of all time

Then worse, they start calling Lin - Jackie Robinson

then they start saying he's better than Sam Cassell, Kenny Smith etc

These people belong in hell or the Lakersforum

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Peace out Lin.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Good luck JLin. You're a class act. God Bless

5. Linsanity

Linsanity Member

Thank you. I wish more Rockets fans are like you too.

God Bless.

Live on the Linsantiy!

6. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member

Seconded!

7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The appropriate acronym would be LOFH.

I am actually looking forward to seeing Lin playing for a coach not Kevin McHale. I am still curious as to why the horrible downfall after those first few games when Lin and Harden were both lighting things up.

At least Clutchfans can return to normal.

8. atwood

atwood Member

shine in LA:grin:

9. geekSnake

geekSnake Member

Thanks Lin, for the contracts u attracted wihch no doubt had made Les a lot of money and for the memory, when u attacked the basket with confidence. Good luck in LA

10. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

I always thought some of his fans were annoying. But his haters were way worse in terms of the vitriol.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

well, i knew we weren't going anywhere! :cool:

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Only Lin has ever triggered this sort of vitriol out of all our players, except Pippen and maybe Skip to My Lou. Have you ever thought about why that is? YoF and ToF were bad collectively, but **** never got nearly this bad. Why is that? Zach Lowe himself spoke of the Lin crazies and you can find them in the comment section for every Rockets article or conversation. LoF's are in a class by themselves when it comes to ****tiest fans alive.

13. Cranberry_Juice

This man speaks the truth, but like all his threads, I must rate this response with only 2 stars.

14. yunac010

yunac010 Member

There are a lot more ways for Lin crazies to speak their minds these days. YOFs didn't have Twitter back then.

15. xm2x

xm2x Member

Good luck Jeremy! Thanks for the last two years with solid contribution! You will be missed. :grin:

And good riddance crazy lofs, haters and trolls

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A lot of Yao fans couldn't communicate in English very well. Most Lin fans live in the US. Very different.

I have said it in the past, the Yao phenomenon was a China thing. The Lin phenomenon is an American thing. A lot of Rockets fans still don't understand what Lin is.

17. Rocketfan_Dave

Rocketfan_Dave Contributing Member

So many classless posts in this thread. It's sickening.

What the heck happened to all the clutchfans. I remember thinking houston used to have the classiest fans out there. Now I see brainless drivel and classless bashing of a player that played his heart out for the team. Even in an appreciation thread these people has to spew their garbage.

So what if the LoF no nothing about basketball. Did you know basketball from the start? How many of the LOF are from houston you think? How many of the original Yao fans were from houston? While I find it annoying that these fans value their boy over the team. I can understand where they are coming from. You know how you get more real rocket fans? You start by being inclusive and having reasonable and informed discussion. Sure their will always be crazies. But there will always be crazies. Spewing vitriol only push people away and ultimately the fan base is poorer because if it.

Anyways. I wish Jeremy good luck in LA. You can say what you want about his game, but you can never doubt his heart. The man was a consummate professional his entire time here. I look forward to watching him grow in LA but I will never truly be a lakers fan. Wow. Guess that makes me a LOF b/c I'm a rockets fan who happens to root for Lin.

2 people like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Yao fans were like robots who were programmed never to say anything bad. If Yao ran over a dog on the street, it's the dog's fault. It was like a north korean puppet show. Even when Yao has a bad they refuse to say it was bad.

Lin fans have some incredible insecurity complex, thinking everyone is out to get Lin or hates him because of his race. It's extreme paranoia . The other thing is that they expect "Linsanity" as a norm. We know it was just a streak, because he's proven he's not consistent. Constantly referring to his Knicks two week streak as the apex of basketball history.

Kinda like Tracy fans thinking th 13 in 33 is the greatest Rockets achievement. The difference is that Tracy and Yao were all stars and proven players, no 'cinderella' story, just real talent.

It's weird how the Rockets seem to have grabbed these cult like figures. Thankfully going forward, it's just the Team, nobody on the team has a cult, not Harden or Dwight.

The only Cult sells sanctuary

19. LeoX

LeoX Member

Ya only good thing about Lin leaving is the haters will ***** less hopeful. They are as unbearable as the so called Lin only folks. You can tell who they are the main one who only post in Lin topics and dont really contribute much of anything. Hopefully we get a servicable guard that is better than Lin and Bev.

20. autoprt

autoprt Member

agreed, basically only a few spoiling for something to fight about. this year is definitely going to be interesting.