1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

Lin's biggest fan's apparently: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pu_KZ58I2fI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

This thread is called an appreciation thread. Can some of you guys just give it a rest without starting another war? It's sad when there are more people who can't wait to say "I told you so" and harp on your failures than actually ones who contribute towards the solution.

3. coffeelover665

Guys, can we just appreciate Jeremy Lin the player instead of what his fans portrays him to be? Just pretend you have no access to the internet and boards and any interactions with fans, you only have the NBA games. Just thanks him and send him away with some class. Don't be a douche

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't get your hate. Lin might not be a great player like his fans think. He might have made some boneheaded plays. Lots of former Rockets were like that. But he does hustle. Nobody has ever accused him of slacking off on court. Why do you hate him because he doesn't live up to his fans' claim?

And if you are hating his contract, you should hate the guy who GAVE him the contract. No? If you were Lin, would you tell Morey, "No, no, no. I'm not that good. I don't deserve that much money. Give me less. You are going to regret." This is the weirdest logic I've seen again and again on this board.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Don't forget (i don't remember if it was consecutive games or not) when he had the ball in crucial momentum and instead of holding he would sprint down 1 on 3 and throw a hail Mary layup that obviously would miss then they always came back and made a 3 >"=(
    Goodbye lin. Good bye is all I can say because of the forum rules btw. .. *** **** **** ********************

6. Possum

Possum Member

[​IMG]

thats all that needs to be said.

7. archinkent

archinkent Member

Some of you are confusing this thread with the 'Jeremy is a joke' thread. Why not take your silly hatred over there instead?

On the other hand, it's good to see usual critics like King1, IJHolmes, chenjy etc being respectful with their comments.

1 person likes this.
  8. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I see some LOFHs baiting Lin fans over there. They could be from Clutch Fans as well.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Lin might have been inconsistent, insecure, and overrated, but he still put on his hard hat every game and put in work. His quality of work may have been shoddy at times, but the effort was still there. No one can hate on Lin for his work ethics and honestly; the guy was class act and a professional.

10. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

Lmao apparently you haven't talked to many lakers fans LMAO......Good luck in Queen Kobe country

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

R.I.P LOF

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I didn't say I hate him. He was an equivocal player to AB or Bev. Look at how much they make, and look at him. Look at how much acclaim those guys get, look at Lin. That is why he is overrated.

Also, I didn't accuse him of slacking off on the court. Read my post. I just didn't agree with the embellishment that Lin is synonymous with hustle. He was ok. He's an ok point guard, but far from the greatness that some fans think he is.

13. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Come on, man. Are you still on this?

We get it - you think Lin is the worst. Nobody else in the history of the Rockets has ever made a bad pass or gotten stripped besides Lin. Everything that was wrong with last season is Lin's fault.

Now that we all agree on that, can you let it go? Haha.

It's fun to reminisce, but stop living in the past. Of all times, now is the moment to appreciate Lin for who he was - a hard worker who had his ups and downs and brought excitement to the Rockets for the past two years.

14. goyao11

goyao11 Member

Carmelo is gonna bring the 'ship to Houston?

Are we gonna meet the Knicks in the Finals, in which he's gonna surprise everybody by only scoring in his own hoop? ;)

15. samylee1978

samylee1978 Member

this is almost as good as winning a championship............

16. goyao11

goyao11 Member

I hope the Lakers use Lin in a much more efficient manner. The simple fact that they don't have two ball-dominant players should help.

I disagree with the "more mature fans" bit. LA is all about the bandwagoning, reactionary fans and even my friends who are Lakers fans are often insufferable in their basketball arrogance. As bad as Clutchfans has been in freaking out over Jeremy Lin, I suspect that LA will eat him alive if he tanks. The only consolation might be that there is FAR less pressure on Lin in terms of his production in LA. He is going to be on a team competing for a 10th seed at best, and if he can get them to the playoffs somehow, then people are gonna go nuts. haha.

17. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Is that wall poster permanent?

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

lol imagine he fails his physical

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I appreciated his hard work. He didn't quit on us. I wish him good luck in LA.

20. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

And LOH.