1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread, Rockets 2012-13 Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Second_Cousin, May 18, 2013.

1. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

2. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I swear every highlight vid shows that 3-pointer by Lin against OKC. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VJLj2cBi3ls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

don't like the music

4. hahachui

hahachui Member

hope he could play up to his contract coming season!

5. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Daisy wanted to show some of the highlights of his performance during the second half (after the all star game). It sounds like the music is Chinese.

6. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Ya it's by famous singer Jay Chou. The song's tempo isn't really fit for a basketball video, but he has some good songs...well at least I think so.

7. zdrav

zdrav Member

Well, it was his best shot of the entire season.

8. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Why do so many people upset about appreciating a player after a season? Yes, his name is Lin, so what? Yes, he gets paid, handsomely, so what? It's not like you dished out one dollar. Yes, he was inconsistent, but so what?

Was he a team player? Did he work hard? Did he take team success seriously? Did he take the image of the organization seriously? Did he care about his teammates and fans?

Can't we just appreciate that in a young player? He doesn't owe you anything. No, he's not an all star. But do you just suck up to employee of the year, and throw everyone else including most of you guys into garbage can? Can you appreciate a security guy or a janitor after year end? Was that offensive?!

Geez, a mediocre player, how outrageous to show appreciation! Some fans want to appreciate his effort and improvement, and wish him improve next year, for the success of Houston Rockets. Just let them be. What are you upsetting about? You don't want to appreciate him, fine, just move on, and keep praising yourself in the mirror for being a high standard keyboard tough guy. Let other fans do things normal and decent people do - appreciating players played hard for a team they root for, even that guy gets tons of attention, negative or positive, and even that guy's name is Jeremy Lin.

1 person likes this.
  9. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Thank you! Thank you! Wish i could rep.

May I nominate you for veteran leader of the month?

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Novak was not a nobody to Rockets fans. Matter of fact, T-Mac (also a Rocket) called him the best shooter in the league.

Impossible. Lin came in off the bench in the middle of the season.

11. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Thank you for the great season Jeremy! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

Thank You Jeremy

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i2jVY1mavr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

I'm surprised, I thought this thread would be filled with comments from anti-Lin Rockets fans suggesting he should be traded. It's good to see that it really is a Lin appreciation thread, I think he has shown All-Star potential and deserves at least another season before we pass judgement on him.

14. JamesHarden

JamesHarden Member

And you registered in 2009. Good for you!! :eek:

15. LoLin

LoLin Member

I appreciate Lin when he's not camping at the corner waiting for the ball.

I appreciate Lin when he's aggressive and not afraid to take the shot, miss or not.

Jokes aside, he making improvement and I expect to see him getting better next season. Hopefully he'll be more creative with his off-ball movement and adding more moves to let him finish at the rim without taking hard fall to the floor.

16. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

Jeremy Lin is a decent down to earth guy.

He does positive things to the Houston community.

He gets along with his teammates and there is virtually no drama. There is no negative comments coming from any NBA player except Carmelo and JR Smith.

He means to try hard and wants to improve.

He's no saint but yet he still gets hate like he raped some white girl or something.

17. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Thanks, Jeremy! I appreciate how you improved your game throughout the season.

18. AVoiceInACrowd

I seem to write this a lot, because people just don't understand what 8 million a year gets you in terms of starting pgs. There are only 4 starting pgs who make less than 8 million a year that aren't in their rookie contracts. 8 million is around the bottom for what you can expect to pay a starting pg not in their rookie contract.

Lin has easily earned his contract by his production this year. The problem is all these people making judgements without actually knowing what they are talking about.

1 person likes this.
  19. wapz

wapz Member

thanks for sharing!

jeez, that txt message at the end makes me wish for the next season to start already :grin:

20. AVoiceInACrowd

I'd like to list some things that Lin does that isn't talked about much.

Tied for #9 in steals for Pgs.
    Tied for #6 in blocks for Pgs.
    Led the team in charges taken.

I don't think anyone can argue that Lin puts in effort as these stats show and that he is a hard worker who wants to get better. He improved from the first half of the season to the second half and he should continue to get better. How much better no one knows.

I hope he follows Steve Nash's history of improvement. I find it interesting. His career shooting stats are 49.1, 42.8 and 90.4. With 14.4 points and 8.5 assists. The interesting part for me is how long it took him to exceed his career avg. It took his ninth, sixth and seventh season to surpass his career shooting averages in fg, 3pt and ft. It took 8 years for assist and 5 years for points. It averages to around 7 years before he started to exceed his career avg. I find it fascinating that some players are able to continually improve while some peak early.

I'm not saying he is going to be as good as Nash (for those who will misinterpret, if I don't state it directly. Although, Nash's first 4 years were bad). I'm just saying I hope Lin can continually improve like Nash. I think his hard work ethic combined with working smart gives him a good chance.