1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread, Rockets 2012-13 Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Second_Cousin, May 18, 2013.

1. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Well the name calling is very bad, worse than the other best websites for sure. And the antagonism and dividedness also.
    That has nothing to do with me since I only came around the playoffs and witnessed "the Hate".
    Well, that's kinda dangerous. I like highbrow stuff too but to say that a lowbrow term is idiotic sounds kinda snobbish to me.

He got injured that's why he didn't go to the basket as much but he did more towards the end of the season. If Dwight signs on or one of the young PFs become good he would be doing that again.

You don't care to what? Since you don't do the quoting it's hard to follow.
    Fandom isn't necessarily a logical thing, I think you are being a snob. People here were overrating Lamb and White, it's normal. Language is sometimes created by the people, not necessarily from dictionary or books.
    When was a dissenting opinion is met with anger? July? If it is after "the Hate" then I could understand. If it was July then I could imagine a few people signed up and it could have been a more civil discussion. Well, the ship has sailed anyways. Right now, the main problem is that you think people are idiot if they think Lin might become as one of the best PGs in the L and there is no need to be so upset and be harping on people because 1. it IS possible, given that PGs are slow to mature, Lin has good work ethics and elite speed and passing abilities 2. fan overrating their favorite teams/players is normal 3. good forums always find a way to resolve the differences and more experienced and knowledgeable posters have more responsibilities to not be trashy.

2. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Blake Griffin is only 24 and he's deservedly been an all-star the last 3 years. I admit he's over-rated if people consider him an MVP candidate, but he's more of a project than your typical player. I actually think he's a bit like Kobe. In Kobe's first three years, people were talking about him like he's Michael Jordan reincarnated. I actually thought he was a bust after year 3. But he cleaned up the rough corners of his game and really was the MVP for the three-peat championships that the Lakers won with Kobe/Shaq. Shaq had the better stats, but it was Kobe in the 4th quarter during "winning time". Anyway, Blake is very rough around the edges, but if he works at cleaning it up like Kobe, the skies the limit on him. Karl Malone comparisons will be a joke if he finally learns how to play basketball.

3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Nice one. Keep it going.

4. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Shaq was the best and most important player on those Lakers teams.
    #2 Blake Griffin cannot and never will be able to hold Karl Malone's jock.

5. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Blake griffin likes to flick other men's penis.. FACT!

6. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

You think Burke is better than Lin atm. I personally don't. I guess we'll just leave it at that.

But you are either really overestimating the NBA or really underestimating Lin. Even that Bleacher Report writer Adam Fromal who thinks Lin is a bottom tier NBA starting point guard still has him at like #85 in total NBA player rankings. Saying he's not even close to a top 75 player is kind of ridiculous, really.

7. gene18

gene18 Rookie

One should remember the there are 32 starting point guards.Thus, in assits per game and ppg he is almost in the top half. The top half is dominated by elite players. also, his blocks, steals, pick n' role are near the top of the league. He's only played 2800 minutes. Many of the other point guards have 5 times his experience , and are making more money than he is.I think you are being a bit too harsh in your judgement of his worth.