1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin and Pat Bev will alternate starts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Oct 10, 2013.

1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Starting unit looked awesome you can't deny that. Pacers were getting frustrated.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

But your PG can't do that

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This comment is soooo full of winning!! :rolleyes: Grow up kid. McHale is a racist now? Are you that ignorant? Good lord I have seen it all on here now. That is just pathetic.

Lin hasn't proved to be starting material this year. He only was last year because he had no competition to compete with for the job. Towards the end of last year Beverley came in and played well and has been consistent and in some aspects, better than Lin in games. It has nothing to with McHale being prejudice towards Lin. :rolleyes:

4. stjoesephsborn

Mchale should bench Lin for the Taiwan game, let people and the team get used to the idea that Beverly will be the starter once the regular season starts. Look for Lin to be traded this season or in the offseason. $8.3 million cap hit is too much for a 6th man, Jarret Jack is getting about $6 million per year. And before someone mentions Ginobili, let's face it, Lin is no Ginobili.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Lin gets over $13,000 a day from the Rockets, 365. Next year that will triple. I think they are pretty nice to him. I would love to suffer such "horrendous treatment."

6. kcd

kcd Member

He never said Mchale was racist, just bias. Really Lin hasn't prove to be starting material this year? Wow, you got that off one game where he started and also played well.

7. kcd

kcd Member

You're probably not much of a competitor or achiever.

8. kcd

kcd Member

I would love to see that.

9. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

You see, this is what I mean. McHale didn`t treat Lin horrendous. Lin played in and I believe started in every game last season on average more than 32 minutes. This is his first full season as a starter - those minutes are perfectly fine.

Lin attempted 11 FG per game - that is a high number for essentially a rookie PG. Lin turned the ball over 3 times per game, which is to be expected of a rookie PG. He also recorded 6 assists, 3 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game. He played well and McHale put him in a position to play well.

What you probably mean by "treat horrendously" is putting the ball so much in Hardens hands. Well even in the Linsanity days, Lin was not as good as Harden was last season. Harden is a tremendous play maker and passer. You can question several iso plays, but not the gameplan as a whole. Lin got the minutes, he got the shots and he played well overall. He needs to play within a certain gameplan as every other player - and with Harden on the team, Lin is not the fulltime primary ballhandler when he is on the court. I believe most this would be the same for most coaches.

What I don`t like is the bashing of other fans, players or coaches. Call out specific posters if they cross a line, otherwise discuss respectfully and think for one moment, if what happened might not actually have been at least worth a try for the best of the team next time...

10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

As already mentioned, Bev takes fewer risks than Lin does with regards to playmaking. That's where a lot of Lin's TOs come from (also while trying to develop chemistry with players like Howard). He's already cut down on them over the course of last season. Frankly, if Bev doesn't push himself to do different things, he won't develop the same degree of court vision or facilitation.

11. JurisDoctorate

Same of ya'll need to stop getting butthurt over Lin not starting. Preseason exists exactly for this purpose: to test out new line ups.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Do you even know what you are talking about?

The Rockets never tried to dump Lin because they didn't want Lin. Clutch just recently confirmed the ESPN rumors that the Rockets were trying to shop Lin and Asik just before the start of free agency because CHRIS PAUL ... you know.. the best PG in the NBA, alerted the Rockets that he was interested in joining the Rockets (Not the Rockets going after him), and they had to be prepared to open up cap space for signing him and Dwight.

The Rockets never tried to dump Lin... stop getting your feelings hurt over this. THE ROCKETS LIKE LIN... He's happy, they are happy. This LOF LOH crap is ridiculous.

13. davidio840

Who cares if he starts or plays off the bench? He is still playing. Secondly, if you can come to the conclusion Lin can start off of 2 games, why can't I come to the conclusion he can't start off of 2 games? :confused:

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LOL. If you'd care to explain this, I'd be interested to read. Otherwise, no meaning here.

15. kcd

kcd Member

How do you know he is happy? Lin will probably not say what he really thinks until maybe the end of the season.

16. boiler

boiler Member

How do you know he is NOT happy?

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

How do you know he is unhappy?

18. kcd

kcd Member

I didn't say if he was one or the other. That poster was the one who said Lin was happy, how does he know?

19. davidio840

How do you know Lin won't say what he really thinks until the end of the season?

20. kcd

kcd Member

Because he didn't say a lot of things he was going through until the end of last season in his testimonial.