1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

I'm a LOFH, as I can't understand people cheering for a box score line.

That said, I'm not sure we should try to move Lin. That's especially true for someone like Calderon. Lin is at the point in his career where he can continue to improve, unlike a veteran like Calderon.

If the Rockets go in another direction at the point, I'd like to see someone who can play some perimeter defense.

2. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

DH12 will be better off with Lin, as he is passing first PG and also an ideal PnR partner. Without Lin, the ball will be sticky to Harden's hands, where DH12's shot can only come from catching the rebound by himself.
    I honest can see Lin's assistant go up at least 2 per game, if you notice how many balls Asik missed in last season. DH12 can replica and exceed Kincks' Chandler dunk with Jlin as his feeder.

3. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

It's only 10-3, with wins over the Lakers, Mavs, Clippers, and decent 2011 Jazz and 2011 Wolves teams, and would have won against the Spurs if McHale didn't blow the rotations

4. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

Something tells me JLin will be a savage this year. They better not trade him. And I dont trust bev at all as a starter

1 person likes this.
  5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

That is if Harden is PGing as usual. How was Bev's 3 point shooting vs Lin after
    allstar?

This battle might be Canaan vs Lin/Bev . lol

6. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

True this...you don't want to blow your load on an aging player when you're young guy still has room for improvement...you may increase your chance of winning a title next year, but 5 years from now you will regret it

7. JurisDoctorate

If Jeremy Lin made Tyson Chandler an above the rim offensive threat, he could easily do the same with D12.

The sheer amount of bobbled passes by Asik made it frustrating to watch the PNR.

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Come on:

9. Flops

Flops Member

Morey has always shown an excellent ability in finding great value PG's. So if Lin is gone, I wouldn't be too worried. In Morey we trust. :)

10. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Lol, remember Yao.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets are to trade Lin, it has to be in a package for a PF upgrade. Trading him alone wouldn't make sense. It would be a lateral move or worse.

12. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

Thank you. Lin will never say it publicly, but he does not like playing with Harden or for McHale. The same goes for Melo and Woodson.

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Yea i agree, it will package along with Asik, can the Hawks that cap space?

14. monster

monster Member

Bev isn't ready. I'm not convinced on Lin, but I don't know who we would get to replace him. I read that Calderon made $11mil last year. Unless we make another big splash and HAVE to move Lin, I'd like to see him play w D12. He did pretty well w Chandler. Imagine constant penetration/dish w Howard.

15. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Lin played terrific with Chandler, no reason he can't run the pick and roll with D12 the same way.

THe thing with Calderon is he doesn't attack the basket. Shot charts show he took about 80 shots around the paint the ENTIRE SEASON!! While Lin is at 400+ shots in the paint!!

With JSmoove ( assuming he shows of course) and DWight the drive itself should create offensive rebound opportunities as well.

16. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

Harden and Lin will perfect the "Kobe" assist...meaning that even if they miss a layup, D12 and Smooth will be there to jam it back!

17. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I think Lin and Dwight will mesh really well together. I'm thinking it will also take pressure from opposing teams off harden in crunch time during the 4th quarter. A really good center will make a world of difference for Lin's style of play. First half performance of Jeremy will dictate whether we trade him mid-season or not.

18. Curupira

Curupira Member

Yes please

19. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Lin will be great with Dwight as a center. I believe Asik's offensive skills have been partially inflated due to Lin's "indiscriminate" willingness to pass the ball to Asik. No question Lin's assists suffered at least 1.5 per game because of Asik's inability to catch and dunk. Now, what concerns me is whether Mac will allow Lin to handle the ball more if Rockets decide to keep Lin.

20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I agree and Jlin loves to feed the big guys. Lots of proof to back this up.