1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

How are we even going to get Calderon? ANOTHER S&T? People are just throwing names around. Seriously.

2. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

~lol~ Ya I'm just kidding. Just trying to show that there's no reason to panic. Hey, but he did shoot 42.4% last February. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility. If it's possible then we should see if it happens. If it ain't broke and does happen, don't fix it.

3. khimmatramka16

Lin is one of the quickest players in the NBA, and I think it will be fun to watch him go the other way after Howard blocks a few shots every game

4. conquistador#11

what do these guys know about bball? george karl, stacey king and this dude jvg know about bball? stop catering to the lin fans, yo!:p

I too think his assists will improve, hopefully the turnovers drop .3 in avg.
    you can never have enough players that can create for their teammates, not just the man rolling on the pick, but to the wings for open 3s. Just go back and look at those blowout victories we had. there was one thing consistent, non stickyness.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Bipolar

6. seahawk

seahawk Member

i think lin is gone, as much as i like him to be a rockets. it's good for him and the rockets.

7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Godspeed Jeremy Lin, it's been fun.

8. jackycool

jackycool Member

I don't think he's underrated skill wise because realistically he's not that skilled at PG (trouble controlling pace, shooting, handles, confidence etc.). But people do underrate his work ethic and his potential.

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

No kidding, and the defensive rebounds and quick outlets, D12 out running the opposing centers.

10. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

See ya later lin, hopefully you can show your skil on another team.

If he wasn't so expensive i would have liked him at a 6th man.

11. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

Actually he said he doesn't like pick and rolls. He's good at them but he prefers to receive the ball in the post and go to work on his own.

12. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

I agree. Trading Lin is best for Lin and best for the Rockets. Let's face it. McHale and Harden don't respect Lin. Howard likes Lin and may prefer Lin to be the PG, but it still doesn't change the fact that McHale and Harden don't want the ball in Lin's hands. Lin is best when he's the #1 option. When he has to play off the ball, he's just average.

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Yea too bad

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

You do know that Dwight has said again and again that he want to be more of a traditional center, right? Yes, he is actually considered the best PnR big in the NBA, but for whatever stupid reason he doesn't actually like it. He wants to be treated like Shaq or Hakeem, dump the ball into him and let him go to work.

I didn't say this would be optimal offense. It's not. But when you have to make a choice between catering to Howard or Lin, Morey and McHale will choose the former every single time.

If you thought Lin stood around too much spotting 3s last year, this year would be worse if he's around. That, or the Rockets convince Howard to play more like Tyson Chandler. That didn't work out well for the Lakers last year.

15. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Ssee you later Lin. Beverley would be the starter over Lin anyways.

16. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I dont know why you keep bringing up points that people choose to IGNORE...lol. That being said if Morey trades Lin and Asik for Smith, im sure he has a good plan to find a serviceable PG. In my opinion keeping lin for the first half of the season to see if he's continuing to improve or show consistency should be a good idea whether they should really trade him. Minus the playoffs, he really does show good potential, and was key to even MAKING the playoffs at all.

17. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Is this desperation I'm sensing from Lin haters?

Could Lin stay for another two years?

18. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

If he goes to the Hawks, they still have Teague don't they?

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Who is this Jeremy Lin y'all speak of?

20. RocketPowerNick

The LOH are so pathetic.