1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

ABJ means anyone but Lin. Rondo is much more expensive and is a much worse fit than Lin. Someone posting in this thread saying they want Lin traded for Rondo, bad idea. It's nothing personal, just describing the situation.

2. zdrav

zdrav Member

Rajon Rondo, the perfect off-the-ball shooting point guard that the Rockets desperately need in place of Lin.

Comedy.

3. SirKen

SirKen Member

Turkish is guttural?! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

No wonder half of your posts sound like bull**** with the amount of silly assumptions you make.

4. afk

afk Member

Hey, I'm not the one with disposable income. I said what I said because it's pretty disrespectful to the site to use their tipjar for your own selfish motives. :/

5. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Just took at Roxlove: Status: Rookie
    You need not reply to this poster.

6. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Starting to think Lin might actually start the season here unless the "Asik forced trade rumors are real. If that is the case you package them. If not maybe j-Lin and greg smith "who could to be the odd man out in the front court" for someone like Goran, maybe even Rondo depending on how the Stevens experiment goes. Something like this in a mid- season deal is what I see.

7. conquistador#11

why would you want gogi when you have awesome bev playing the position for like five dollars a year? :p
    Love gogi, lowry and lin. they would all produce about the same here in the current situation. you would also pay them the same, which I have no problem with but some do, then these same want to throw crazy money to josh smith. :confused:

What if bev eventually learns to run a team and next year lin goes down with the zombie flu like lowry? for argument, bev turns into an 1000pts, 500 assists type of pg(which lin is), you guys are aware that eventually you will have to pay him around 8 million? Do you keep inserting rookies at the pg?
    at some point you have to have continuity, that's what makes great teams great.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rocket Guy: 'Source' with 'direct knowledge' says Rockets are 'trying very hard' to move Lin; only 'limited interest' because 'year three is crazy'.

9. opticon

opticon Member

I take the "Rocket Guy" with a grain of salt.

10. visible

visible Member

this rocket guy is the biggest cheer leader for Bevley if you follow his twitter.

11. jacoby

jacoby Member

Year 3 is crazy, but Year 2 is a bargain. It evens out.

If teams are truly THAT concerned about his salary (despite all the merchandise sales he brings in from Asia) then we can package him with cash considerations so cheap owners don't have to pay him the full amount.

12. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

1. That money doesnt go direct to the teams... its shared evenly between all the teams in the league.

2. Lin has never been on the international top selling list.

3. source is hoopsworld

13. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Thanks for posting JR, but I am not sure I buy that the Rockets are shopping Lin hard. I think this might be speculation and bad reporting -- as we have seen a lot of recently. Taking calls? Sure. But trying like mad to move him just in order to move him -- it doesn't make sense.

I like Bev more than Lin, and I would like to see Bev start -- but Lin is a good player, and, whether he starts or comes off the bench and regardless of how much money he is or should be making, he is a contributor -- especially when Harden sits.

If they can move him to get a better player -- definitely! But a salary dump? Ehhh...I don't see it.

14. SuperManRocketz

lame..never heard of him..and hes source probably comes from rumors online..there was rumors going around sayin asik and jlin would be traded for Smith and that was never true..also Daryl Morey already stated he wanted to keep both of them ..Whats up with haters wanting JLin to be traded so badly?

1 person likes this.
  15. SuperManRocketz

That explains everything..

16. tefunk

tefunk Member

What about Mark Deeks and Ken Berger?

17. opticon

opticon Member

The rockets are taking calls on lin and osik but their is no longer any urgency with Smith and Millsap off the market.

Their was a belief that Howard would only sign here if we had smith but that is obviously not the case.

Morey has been in this situation before he will wait till the ideal situation presents its self.

18. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I've only travelled in Turkey for 6 weeks but yes, it did sound very guttural (sounds from the back of the throat) to me, especially in the East near the Syrian border.

You don't think Turkish is guttural?

I did Austria and Slovenia in the same trip. Of course German is the most guttural but to be frank, I really felt Turkish was very close sounding to German.

Anyways, I admit I was wrong in assuming Asik wasn't p***** about the Howard signing, seems from reports he was 'upset'. I don't think my opinion was too far fetched just from how I gauged Asiks personality ( can't imagine him getting p***** at the FO. I don't know why you say I'm always wrong. I think I've had a pretty good track record with my opinions especially with landing Dwight and how we'd clear cap room to do it.

As we say down under ... Don't get your knickers in a knot!

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Many of us learned from that famous Dwight thread (one w/more than 1m views), you can only trust a few when it comes to tweeting. Also homerism is huge on the twitter verse. There were so many misinformation that time, it's mind blowing.

20. SuperManRocketz

Everybody have a source now and days ..For example the Smith trade rumors it turn out to be false..Daryl Morey said he is keeping both JLin and Asik and i believe him. If he goes back on his words next week and JLin did get traded i will not trust him no more..Bev is no where near JLin level..He will not produce the same number across the board like JLin..What makes him so good that he can replace JLin? I check his stats and its terrible..If they trade JLin they need to pick up an elite pg ..